"Boxing Day" dinner..Dec. 26, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Happy day for those who call this Boxing Day.

I'm doing a pot of Split Pea Soup, and it's smelling wonderful this day after Christmas. I have a smoked turkey drumstick in the pot of peas with finely diced carrots, celery, and onion. :chef:
What's on the menu at your house?

Yesterday's dinner was so good, we're eating it again. Ribeye roast, gravy, lyonnaise potatoes, broccoli, wine.

"Boxing Day" dinner..Dec. 26, 2014

We're headed to a beach club with friends. Their lobster mac and cheese has always been outstanding, though I've never cared for any other mac and cheese.

Speaking of Boxing Day, Kay, many years ago, DH and I went to Antigua. The tour guide with a heavy Jamaican accent was extolling the virtues of what DH thought was Buxom Day. He was extremely excited! Being half Canadian, I'd already heard of Boxing Day.

He kept looking all over...

Last edited:
Trying out some chicken breasts in the sous vide machine I got for Christmas (just when I thought I had every kitchen gadget known to man). Thawing an end-of-the garden tian to go with, and DH has decided to grow sprouts so we'll have some sort of alfalfa sprout salad.

Heated up some of my frozen lamb curry over rice with all the fixins (cut up hard boiled egg, whites and yellow, chopped green onion, chopped peanuts, bacon bits, pineapple chunks, raisins, Major Greys chutney).

I'm doing a pot of Split Pea Soup, and it's smelling wonderful this day after Christmas. I have a smoked turkey drumstick in the pot of peas with finely diced carrots, celery, and onion. :chef:

Report on the soup..
I'll try to find a smoked turkey part in the future for my SP soup. It was even better than the ham hocks or ham bone I've always used in the past. I never ever thought I'd prefer smoked turkey over piggy. :pig::wacko:

It was leftovers here last night. Tuna for me and stuffed acorn squash for DH.

I had vegetarian cabbage rolls for Boxing Day and didn't go shopping!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot turkey open faced sandwich w/ smothered green beans and mashed w/ gravy.

img_1403955_0_ed3add25e672026f2c596340bccd578c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom