Diet support??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just yesterday, as I was running errands after going to the gym I thought of creating a thread. Wanted to see about starting a support group where we can encourage each one that wants to get more physically fit, in our own ways. I am all for this. I, too, have made good progress this week. I am hitting the gym, on my own terms, without weigh ins which I feel as counter productive and could have adverse reactions instead of positive ones.

A roll call or helpful nudging to being productive (just one day at a time) is a good idea I think. :idea:

Last night I asked my husband if he had wanted me to sign up for the gym too. He said an annoyed, 'no'. I asked him why and he said he just didn't. He has about 50£ to lose and doesn't have the energy he should have due to being overweight. I think with him, it's just a touchy subject.

I came back on the computer to check out DWLZ. I need to rethink WW and see if I can do that. :?:

My daughters getting married in Hawaii and it's time for this whole family to take better care of our temples, no matter what your impetus is. :!:

We started back to weight watchers this weekend. We did a year or so ago and I lost 45 pounds, my husband lost 85.

I need to get back into the gym, and continue my karate training.

My husband wants to lose 50, but probably needs a little more. I would like to lose about 60.

I'll go over to the HEALTHY catagory and start a WEIGHTLOSS GOAL posting and a TUESDAY weigh in posting...

Is there any thing else??

I want to play!

I need to lose ... well, let's just call it a LOT. I've been struggling with it for a long time, and I'm at the point that the not-getting-it-done part is as big and wearisome a pain in the patootie as the weight itself. I am totally junked on the TV show "The Biggest Loser" ... What is absorbing to think about is the dynamic that has been at work all this time for the finalists. Whatever entrenched kink in their psyches that enabled them to blow up to scarifying weights in their lifetimes, the show's regimen has overcome it in a matter of weeks. That is POWER. Watching these people evolve these last couple of months, I have to believe in the miraculous force of mutual support. I want some of that!

I just went to the Healthy forum and found a couple of threads ... it looks like our project still doesn't really have a home of its own, aside from the Tuesday Weigh-In thread. I'd like to see us have our own forum, but I can see the sense in starting out with a sub-forum under the Healthy header. We seem not to have settled on a title, so can I suggest The Biggest Loser?

Okay, hearing no dissent, I shall now go and start it up my ownself. :D

Cats

@ LEFSElover

Does your husbands stomach protrude as if he were a pregnant man? Or is it just a beer belly in the lower abdomen?

Does he have noticeable breasts?

If he is 50 pounds overweight , I would guess that he does.

And he does not have the energy. Does he seem to exist in a sort of torpor where he cannot be bothered to do the things he used to, easilly, when he was younger and slimmer?

If so, when was the last time he had a full blood screen check, for cholesterol, and sugar levels?

If he has not had a full screen test in the last 2 years, there is a significant possibility that he may be an undiagnosed type two diabetic. Your descriptions are clues to that effect.

Diabetes is a killer. Sometimes it works slowly. It only takes a toe, or a foot, or then a leg, or your sight. But in the end it can and will kill anybody.

Forget about the gym. But do you think the risk of no blood test is worth it, given what you have said?

i'm in. i lost 9 so far. not alot but it's a start.
and better than losing 0 pounds. only have
about 44 more to go.

Darkstream said:
above post is to LEFSElover

you have an abundance of knowledge.
just to let you know, he has had his blood work done.
he is not diabetic, but his triglycerides are high and his liver is questionable.
his spleen is enlarged whatever that means.
he stopped smoking and gained weight, like a truckload, bad news is, 2003 wasn't a very good year and he started back smoking again, but still has the weight on. I'd make him good meals, for weight conscious people, like tonight, but then he knows something's up.
I am WW'ing and 24 hour fitness'ing. wish he'd join me, it's a bear but worth it in the end, who's end? both of ours...... :eek:

Great topic!

My thoughts on dieting...
Think our society is too self-absorbed with a number on a scale. Threw mine out years ago. When I weighed 130 lbs, 5'7", I thought I was too fat. How absurd. I put myself on a 1200 calorie a day "diet?" & lost weight rapidly. But, I was also counting fat grams. Mostly ate grilled chicken, tuna, melon, fruits & veggies.

Alcohol will put on the weight rapidly as will too many desserts & fatty foods & sitting around. After a certain age, things shift around & your body changes. It's not about a diet, but a lifelong decision to change eating habits - healthy eating...veggies, that green stuff. I ate everything I wanted, didn't exercise & was always slim.

I've put on some weight, but, now I'm happy with who I am. Exercising, running, working out in a gym is a bore. A little suggestion, plunk a cassette of Richard Simmons' Sweatin to the Oldies. Guaranteed to get you off the couch & start dancin round the house. It's very uplifting & fun.
The tape I have has songs like, Ain't no mountain high enough (Dianna Ross), Dancin in the Streets...lotsa fun upbeat songs to get you movin.

Yes, we can have our cake & eat it too. Hope I've inspired folks. :)

I am trying to cut down on the amount I eat,excercising(swimming),weight lifting,and no night time eating.

Bangbang said:
I am trying to cut down on the amount I eat,excercising(swimming),weight lifting,and no night time eating.

Wow, Bang - Pretty soon we'll be seeing you in the annual Chippendale's calendar.

Back
Top Bottom