"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-09-2005, 09:40 PM   #21
Executive Chef

I just stepped onto the ol' bathroom scale and WHOA! I knew I was a touch overweight but jeez! Guess I should start running again! how the h*** did that happen

Old 01-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #22

If you guys want to do this, fine, but I'd suggest that you base the "contest" on "BMI" results, as opposed raw weight loss...

BMI = Body Mass Index, and Tuesday should be your "start date", as opposed the first "lost pounds" weigh in date...

If you want to do it this way, we could perhaps catch "Audeo's" attention, and rope her in for some "scientific" (read "professional") advice...

It may be an "idea" to ask Admin and/or the Site Helpers to start this as a separate Board, where we could all join in with either "psychological support" and/or recipes and/or exercise "clues"...

Some people have 60 lbs to "remove", others as little as 10lbs...most are "in between"...

What do you "volunteer dieters" think? There can be "easy" ways, and there can be "hard" ways...

Lifter

Old 01-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Lifter, you're making this much more difficult than it needs to be! Relax, let us figure it out for ourselves! Jeez, man
Old 01-09-2005, 11:25 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

i'm in too. while bmi is a better indicator, i think we should keep it simple. weight loss is good enuff. you can post your actual weight or not, it's up to you. what's important is giving it the effort, and supporting each other to do the same.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:36 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Just a thought....Would we want to name our diet support group? And if so, any suggestions?
Old 01-10-2005, 12:02 AM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

"the chubby checkers" ? lol, that's the name from the weight loss support group in the movie "fatso".

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:09 AM   #27
Executive Chef

I LIKE IT!
Old 01-10-2005, 01:05 AM   #28
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
I think in the absence of a seperate board, for now, until Admin sees how enthusiastic we are (and how many posts we generate) we should put our weigh ins and recipes etc in healthy and special diets. One because it gets us out of the way of this regularly used part of the board and two because personally I'd rather people "had" to find us, than my posts about my weight being on general display in "general questions and chat" just my opinion, thoughts???

I am one of the "diet for life" or as I prefer it, switchers to mindful eating people, I have basically a person to lose if I want to be at the ideal weight for my height. So for me, my weight loss week by week, may not be as dramatic as say a bikini or wedding dress dieter, and that's fine. As long as we all know in our own minds what we are doing this for, I think this will be really helpful.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:21 AM   #29

DC, I withdraw my comment(s)...

If you find it easier that way, fill your boots!

I will (for once!) "shut up" and let you all go your own ways on the issue

Plainly, anyone wanting to be the "Biggest Loser" has the option of PM'ing me for help and/or advice!

Will "go on record" that one should discuss any diet plan with a Doctor, FIRST!...hence my suggestion that we drag "Audeo" into this, as a freebie Professional consultant...

But, pick your own poison...

Lifter
Old 01-10-2005, 01:23 AM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I'm up for what ever you guys want but,

I think posting under the HEALTHY DIETS is a good thing...

and yes, this Tuesday should just be a weigh in NOT a "how much did I lose" day... Toooo soon for that.

I also think we should make it as simple as poss....
:) :)