Dinner 5/30?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm stuck indoors today, as I don't feel like cleaning up the grills from last night's grilling fest. I'm gonna go with:

Steamed mussels in a ginger, sweet soya, coconut-lemon grass broth
Horseradish mashed potatoes
Seared rainbow trout w/melted leeks, parsley and a riesling sauce over
smoked salmon ravioli
...for dessert, I'm undecided--but I'm leaning towards an apple-cranberry bread pudding served warm.

It's my last night of clay class... so it'll be left overs for dinner tonight.

Poppinfresh said:
Steamed mussels in a ginger, sweet soya, coconut-lemon grass broth
Horseradish mashed potatoes
Seared rainbow trout w/melted leeks, parsley and a riesling sauce over
smoked salmon ravioli
...for dessert, I'm undecided--but I'm leaning towards an apple-cranberry bread pudding served warm.

OMG that sounds wonderful! We are on a fish drive, my husband is doing exams so wants lots of fish and eggs for his brain....

So, we are having pan fried salmon with a balsamic dressing, korean black rice and asparagus. I kinda want steamed mussels in a ginger, sweet soya, coconut-lemon grass broth....mussels are out of season here now!

I've got some Cheesey Mexican Chicken Helper. Not sure if I'm going to go with that or something else. I've got to get a move on, though. I'm getting hungry, and the kids are looking at me with a weird glaze to their eyes.

I had leftovers from yesterday. DH is helping a neighbor redo his roof so he didn't want anything til later. Tomorrow I will have to cook for sure.

Picked up a roasted herbed chicken and making chicken sandwiches, fruit salad and some poblano peppers filled with three cheeses and grilled...dessert, ice cream and cookies.

kadesma:)

Last edited:
I broiled a nice slab of swordfish (very simply, with just butter, lemon, & freshly-ground black pepper) & served it with a big heap of lovely fresh buttered fiddleheads.

Fiddleheads are the newly emerging, still tightly coiled, fronds of the Ostrich Fern, named for the fact that they resemble the top of a violin or fiddle. They're only available in the spring & have been showing up for the past month in farmers & small upscale organic markets, as well as some supermarkets (where I purchased mine yesterday).

I love them, especially since I love variety in my vegetables, & to me the fiddlehead fern epitomizes spring. Only the Ostrich fern variety is considered edible, & the taste is very mild with a slight earthiness.

Here's a link to an online company that sells them. When they run out of fresh ones, they sell them frozen as well.

http://earthy.com/catalog/category/117

Oh, they sound great. I haven't heard of them, I'll have a surf and see if we have them in UK.

I ended up fixing Baked Chicken, Candied Sweet Potatoes made with fresh Sweet Potatoes, homemade Sage Dressing and Sweetened Iced Tea.

Back
Top Bottom