Dinner, Friday, Feb. 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had home-made pizza tonight too. His half had pepperoni, red and green peppers, jalapeno, mushroom, and mine had red and green peppers, mushrooms, fried eggplant, fresh tomato, and spinach.

Plan for tonight...

U6-8 scallops dusted with mushroom powder, bittersweet smoked paprika, and a bit of chipotle powder
fresh spinach with my weird mustard/grape jelly/white pepper sauce
short grain rice with ginger, orange peel and scallions.

ahem...weird mustard/grape jelly/white pepper sauce?

Please explain, I must insist....

bad mood food

either going to have a baked potato or won ton soup. am in a bad mood cause kitchen sink is stopped up.waiting for a guy to fix it. also my heater is only working on and off. and it is rainy and cold here. my cat barfed on my socks. lol

shoud have put this in venting, oh wait, i did

it will all work out, just really annoying

babe:LOL::LOL:

gadget geek: sounds spicy-sweet - mmmm!

VB - enjoy your friday cocktails ;)

Tonight's our anniversary so dh is taking me to my favorite Italian place. I'll have a salad, yummy bread & butter, and then for the entree: (it's a 2-part one) cheese ravioli w/alfredo (I know...heart attack on a plate), & cheese manicotti. White zin to drink.

We tried a new restaurant "El Patio" everything is grilled on a big homemade charcoal grill. I had lime & garlic grilled shrimp, DH had a Tbone & both dinners came with grilled potato, grilled carrots & grilled zucchini. Then we went for gelato.:-p

Click on this for more scallop pics

Dinner last night was quick and good. Good locally grown spinach, good Orange/Ginger rice, and seared scallops dusted with mushroom powder, Ginger powder, Chipotle chile (just a bit) and some fresh fine ground Sumatra coffee bean.

The scallops were very good but I honestly wish I was closer to a fantastic source of seafood rather than have to rely on frozen and plumped scallops. The 8 scallops weighed just over a pound frozen and just over 3/4 pound thawed and drained.

scallops_spinach_rice22.jpg

Click on this for more scallop pics

Dinner last night was quick and good. Good locally grown spinach, good Orange/Ginger rice, and seared scallops dusted with mushroom powder, Ginger powder, Chipotle chile (just a bit) and some fresh fine ground Sumatra coffee bean.

The scallops were very good but I honestly wish I was closer to a fantastic source of seafood rather than have to rely on frozen and plumped scallops. The 8 scallops weighed just over a pound frozen and just over 3/4 pound thawed and drained.

Very nice GadgetGeek. Colourful and appetizing. I love scallops, rice and spinach!

using stuff from the freezer so had some ground meat that needed cooking and made kaftas ... middle east spiced patties or loaves in a savory garlic tomato broth...over bulgar wheat. yum.

Callisto - whenever I have leftover tomato pasta sauce I use it for eggplant, chicken, or meatball parmesan sub sandwiches; homemade pizza (or mini English Muffin pizzas); stirred into a baked pasta dish (like penne or ziti) with lots of parm & mozzarella later on in the week; or as a topping for meatloaf. If you have a lot leftover, you can also freeze it.

We had spaghetti last night. Now I need to figure out a dozen recipes to use all the left over sauce.

Lasagna. roasted veggies, two or three kinds of cheese, noodles a bit of patience, your terrific sauce.. and suddenly... You have killer lasagna...

Back
Top Bottom