Dinner Thursday 6th June 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We only ate about a quarter of the casserole last night. The yungun had rehearsal after work (which he neglected to inform me so I made a lot of food thinking he'd be home to eat) so we may just do left over casserole.

Cold and rainy day here so I am going to cook up some comfort food. My mother used to call this Ragu. But, it's not really. Not by classic standards. I am using leftover steak, garlic, onions, beef broth, then adding some semi cooked pasta bowties and letting that simmer until the pasta is done. Load it up with black pepper and fresh parsley and mow down....

Sushi kushi and beef tataki.

Last edited:
While out running errands today, the bus conveniently stopped near a middle east market. I love when it "detours" like this. Picked up a gyros platter, incl yellow rice, hummus, tzatziki sauce, pitas and a greek salad incuded. I'm pretty sure there's enough for a midnight snack too.

I made a great Asian inspired salad with rice vermicelli, shredded red & Napa cabbage, mandarin oranges, red onion, chicken, water chestnuts, radishes and a very nice sweet and sour dressing. It was healthy and filling! :)

Pulled pork barbecue from our favorite joint in Paris, TN. We had it on our own homemade kaiser rolls, with sides of baked beans and coleslaw. Iced tea to drink and some more of the tasty fresh banana cake for dessert.

We clobbered the baked beans but there's still some slaw left and plenty of the pork and a bag in the freezer with more rolls. Yum. Looks like, with some tweaking, we will have a delish dinner tomorrow. Yeah!!!

I made some home made white bread this week. I did just a simple grilled cheese with my bread and some Havarti cheese. It was nom nom!

Large sushi lunch made for a light supper.

DH grilled cheese dogs and made a salad , he noticed I hadn't taken anything out of the freezer when he got home from work. ( ha! Little did he know I had been thinking hot dogs.) Just don't feel like cooking lately :(

Last edited:
Five minutes into shopping the first grocery store I had a rotisserie chicken in my cart. My toe was complaining and I figured that would be dinner along with frozen corn (cooked, of course ;) ) and some crusty Tuscan bread. When I got back into the car I really wanted to go home but I really really wanted fried cod. Headed to the second store because 1) cod was on sale and 2) they fry your seafood right there. We had the cod with corn and bread tonight. Chicken is there for whenever. Hungry pseudo-son will be here tomorrow and I know the fridge will be empty by the time he's gone. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom