"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2019, 08:43 PM   #11
Master Chef

Some neighbors and decided to get together, but none of us wanted cook and clean anything. Sooo, we went out to Blue Mesa Grill for dinner.

That place is usually packed, and you have to wait for a table. But tonight, it was almost empty.

I guess everyone cooked, or went to the lake. The lakes were probably packed.

CD

Old 05-27-2019, 08:59 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
We had a late lunch/early dinner-Linner with DH's Old Friend
here in Hawaii.
We went to En Fuego Grill in Kapolei

Click image for larger version

Name:	Garlic Chicken Bento Box.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	34975
This is my Garlic Chicken Bento Box,
what a beautiful presentation

Name:	Mochiko Chicken Salad Bowl.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	34976
This is Daron's Mochiko Chicken Salad Bowl,
MASSIVE!

Name:	En Fuego Garlic Chicken Plate with Toss.jpg
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	34977
and this is DH's Garlic Chicken Plate,
with Toss instead of Mac Salad
we'd never had Gluten-free Soy Sauce before...

*burp*
That was ono-licious (how we say delicious in Hawaii)
I don't think we'll need to eat again until tomorrow
afternoon

Old 05-27-2019, 09:57 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I have a Tri Tip in the sousvide (the best way ever for cooking one) and it will be finished on the searing burner of the outdoor grill. I'll be grilling a basket of marinated veggies and some garlic toast.

Our flag is waving on the front porch in memory of those who gave so much.

It sure felt like the kickoff for summer with this meal. The new addition was the Chmichurri sauce made with my new little food processor. WOW I'll make this every time with this meal from now on. What a wonderful sauce for meat. We tasted it in Argentina, but I forgot about how great it is.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P5270008[1].jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	34981  

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:05 PM   #14
Master Chef

Fabulous looking and sounding dinners, all! CG, I could really go for one of those hot dogs....paper plates and all. Been quite a while since I've had one.

I was thinking of grilling chicken thighs, but Monday is the day for the yard crew to come - it's usually around noon but sometimes they're a little earlier or later and I didn't want to be standing out there grilling while they're mowing and edging.

I ended up with the last of the cheese enchiladas, and a side salad. Good thing I love them, but 3 days in a row is all I can handle of the same dish.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:46 PM   #15
Sous Chef

I did my grilling today, since it was a lot nicer out there today! I got a lot done in the garden, too, before this, which is why I didn't want to fool with much. I got the chicken marinating yesterday, in a simple paste of garlic, cilantro, and soy sauce. I was trying to think of some vegetable to cook on the grill, then I remembered all of those butternuts I still have from last season! I found the smallest one, and it was 2 lbs, and I peeled and de-seeded it, and cubed it, Then grilled those, before the chicken. Later, I decided on a simple sauce to put on it - a Malaysian based Kecap Manis, lime juice, and sliced up chilies - I just nuked them briefly, to warm them, then tossed with the sauce. I also had some fresh pickles in the fridge, which I had made from a recipe out of James Oseland's Cradle Of Flavor, Which is what gave me the idea for the simple Kecap Manis sauce for the butternut. There are many other sambals in that book, all delicious, but mostly more complex ones, with many more ingredients, and I didn't want to fool with those now!
Grilled butternut, tossed with kecap manis, lime, and chili sauce. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I served the chicken with a simple sweet and sour sauce, that goes great with grilled or fried foods, such as spring rolls (the first thing I ever made the sauce for). Not for diabetics, as it is just a sugar syrup, with half white vinegar, plus some crushed Thai peppers and garlic - simple, but delicious!
Spicy sweet and sour sauce, for grilled and fried foods. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Thai grilled chicken. by pepperhead212, on Flickr
Old 05-28-2019, 05:08 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Yesterday's Fare ;
1 1/2 Devilled Eggs (Wonder why that other half didn't make it to table... hmmm)
Grilled Muffin Burger, Roasted Corn Salad, Grilled Yellow Squash, Marinated Mushrooms,

Name:	Muffin Burger, Roasted Corn Salad, Grilled Yellow Squash, Marinated Mushrooms.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	34982

and a Steamer Medley, along with a container of Ambrosia, handed over the back fence for my enjoyment, ( I'm not a fan of their take on Ambrosia, but I'll never say it out loud...)

THX, Neighbor !

Name:	Steamer Medly.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	34983
Old 05-28-2019, 07:25 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
We have baby back ribs in the smoker and baked beans in the toaster oven. We will also grill a couple ears of corn and I'll make a salad with avocado, cucumber and tomato.
Turned out quite good.

Name:	0527191937.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	34985
Old 05-28-2019, 07:26 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
It sure felt like the kickoff for summer with this meal. The new addition was the Chmichurri sauce made with my new little food processor. WOW I'll make this every time with this meal from now on. What a wonderful sauce for meat. We tasted it in Argentina, but I forgot about how great it is.
I *love* chimichurri with beef! Yum!
Old 05-28-2019, 07:52 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperhead212 View Post
I did my grilling today, since it was a lot nicer out there today! I got a lot done in the garden, too, before this, which is why I didn't want to fool with much. I got the chicken marinating yesterday, in a simple paste of garlic, cilantro, and soy sauce. I was trying to think of some vegetable to cook on the grill, then I remembered all of those butternuts I still have from last season! I found the smallest one, and it was 2 lbs, and I peeled and de-seeded it, and cubed it, Then grilled those, before the chicken. Later, I decided on a simple sauce to put on it - a Malaysian based Kecap Manis, lime juice, and sliced up chilies - I just nuked them briefly, to warm them, then tossed with the sauce. I also had some fresh pickles in the fridge, which I had made from a recipe out of James Oseland's Cradle Of Flavor, Which is what gave me the idea for the simple Kecap Manis sauce for the butternut. There are many other sambals in that book, all delicious, but mostly more complex ones, with many more ingredients, and I didn't want to fool with those now!
Grilled butternut, tossed with kecap manis, lime, and chili sauce. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I served the chicken with a simple sweet and sour sauce, that goes great with grilled or fried foods, such as spring rolls (the first thing I ever made the sauce for). Not for diabetics, as it is just a sugar syrup, with half white vinegar, plus some crushed Thai peppers and garlic - simple, but delicious!
Spicy sweet and sour sauce, for grilled and fried foods. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Thai grilled chicken. by pepperhead212, on Flickr
Can you post the full recipe and instructions for the Spicy sweet and sour sauce please. Thank you in advance.
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:54 AM   #20
Master Chef

We went out to a new to us burger place with craft beers on tap, for lunch. At dinner time we were still full. Later we had flour tortilla "pizzas".

Tags
dinner