Sunday's Supper January 11th, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
Okay, it's a pop quiz today! Who can name these (not very tasty looking) items, which are slowly simmering in water as we speak, and which will form the main component of today's dinner?

Hint: They are supposed to be "zeppelin" shaped but I didn't do a very good job of that!

Attachments

• Name this.jpg
    Name this.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Wow, that's a mouthful CraigC! :LOL:

But no.... (though it could be that your dish is a variation - what's in it?)

Wow, that's a mouthful CraigC! :LOL:

But no.... (though it could be that your dish is a variation - what's in it?)

It is a German potato dumpling that we have with Sauerbraten. It does have a herbed bread cube stuffing. At least my family uses this stuffing.

It is a German potato dumpling that we have with Sauerbraten. It does have a herbed bread cube stuffing. At least my family uses this stuffing.

Well, this was certainly a potato dumpling, but the stuffing is entirely different.

Having just attempted to eat it, I can now declare it absolutely revolting! Had to throw most of it out after a couple of bites! :sick: My brother is manfully trying to finish his, but he won't mind if I never make it again - and there is no danger of that! :LOL:

One of my favorite things to do with the extra dumplings, I purposely make, is slicing them 1/2" thick and frying them in butter the next morning for breakfast. They go great with eggs. I believe many Hispanic cultures make a version, Papa Rellena.:yum:

One of my favorite things to do with the extra dumplings, I purposely make, is slicing them 1/2" thick and frying them in butter the next morning for breakfast. They go great with eggs. I believe many Hispanic cultures make a version, Papa Rellena.:yum:

Well with your stuffing, rather than the pork mince stuffing that was in my ones, that sounds perfectly okay. :)

Sorry they didn't come out as you had expected, Katy. :( That's disappointing.

This afternoon's dinner (and maybe lunch, too) :LOL: will be leftover Zuppa Toscana and garlic bread.

No worries Cheryl. I have far more successes than failures and it's all a learning curve as far as I am concerned! :)

Yours sounds delicious. :yum:

Trying a new recipe from SL. Pecan coated, pan fried chicken breasts with a maple-bourbon-mustard sauce and mashed taters. I pre-made the sauce to the point just before adding the heavy cream to finish, :ohmy: is it good.:yum:

it's 2:00 pm here and we just finished off substantial BLT's for lunch. It appears I live in serious Broncos territory. We are about to have some brownies and ice cream to start the game off, and will have some fake crab salad during the second half. Weird eating day.

Trying a new recipe from SL. Pecan coated, pan fried chicken breasts with a maple-bourbon-mustard sauce and mashed taters. I pre-made the sauce to the point just before adding the heavy cream to finish, :ohmy: is it good.:yum:

Oh yeah, that sounds utterly delicious! :yum:

it's 2:00 pm here and we just finished off substantial BLT's for lunch. It appears I live in serious Broncos territory. We are about to have some brownies and ice cream to start the game off, and will have some fake crab salad during the second half. Weird eating day.

"fake crab"? Explain please? :)

Okay, it's a pop quiz today! Who can name these (not very tasty looking) items, which are slowly simmering in water as we speak, and which will form the main component of today's dinner?

Hint: They are supposed to be "zeppelin" shaped but I didn't do a very good job of that!
Quenelles de brochet?

We're having Cornish hens on the merry-go-round, aka rotisserie, along with sauteed Vidalia onions, steamed Italian green beans, iced tea and, with any luck, the last of the baklava.

Since I've introduced Glenn to Cornish hens, he often asks for "those little chickens on the merry-go-round." I'm happy to oblige. Today's pair have fresh rosemary and garlic inside their cavities and rosemary and garlic stuffed under the breast skin. Sure smells good around here.

My first attempt at low carb batter fried cod. The batter is made from almond flour. It was semi-successful; it took some doing to get the temperature of the oil under control. The flavor was excellent, though.

img_1406081_0_e9d0a64f07f219d1a288ca8199710f2b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom