"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-15-2005, 05:08 PM   #51
Master Chef

You and PAbaker have given me 2 awesome pasta recipes that I do plan to make............will be printing them off.

Old 02-15-2005, 06:38 PM   #52
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraCook
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgeskog
Quote:
Originally Posted by DampCharcoal
I'll be all by my lonesome too. I'll probably experiment with some recipes using tilapia and enjoy beers until it's Tuesday! :D
I am alone tonight as well DC, I will pour a glass of wine at precisely 5:30 PM PST and toast you. I am making Norwegian meatballs, may go well with tilapia.

Have a toast for me, too, norgeskog. It's just me and the dog at home. :( I had chicken pizza for dinner. I was going to have pork roast, but did not feel like cooking it after I got home from work.
I did, and my Norwegian meatballs were really good.

Old 02-15-2005, 08:57 PM   #53
Master Chef

The ribs came out very nice from the BBQ, though I didn't get the time to slow cook them because of time constraints. I just cooked them over a solid bed of coals, covered, with the vents wide open. I watched them carefully and turned them about every three five minutes for a total cooking time of about wo minutes. This was for 13 very large country-style ribs. Made some quick three-bean salad with green beans, garbonzo beans, and kidney beans. Mixed in with white vinegar, Splenda, Celery Salt, chopped onion, and dill weed. Put out in the cold weather to quick-chill. Finally, made Steamed califlower, leaving the flowerettes very large, so that three added a wonderful accent to the plate.

We toasted with a combination of rasberry cream soda mixed with Strawberry Nectar, served up in our silvered wedding goblets (DW and I missed our anniversary last Dec. from being so busy that we didn't even notice when the day passed by. First time we missed it in 26 years. We made up for it though).

Some of the leftover ribs were sent home with my eldest daughter to be shared with her soon to be DH (March 1rst!). A couple were used tonight in a stir-fry. The smokey flavor really added to this dish, along with some mushroom fettucinni. All in all, it was a good meal.

Oh, a quick and easy desert that's really tasty - Mix 16 oz. Neufachatel Cheese with 3 to 4 tbs. Splenda or sugar, 1 tbs. vanilla, and 1/4 cup sour cream. Blend until creamy. You can substitute strawberry yogurt for the sour cream if you want. Use the cream cheese mixture to fill pre-baked phylo pastry shells, and top with ready-made cherry pie filling. It's really yummy and easy.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote