Valentine's Day Meals! What's for dinner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Well, its all gone pear shaped on me :rolleyes: having not wanted to eat out but have a smoochy evening in I gave in and let DH make a reservation. Now, I have woken up as sick as a dog, and I will neither be eatiing out or cooking :LOL:

Poor DH will have to rustle something up for himself, or get takeaway, while I sip tea slowly and try not to think abou my lovely box of chocolates!

So cheer me up, what's everybody else cooking tonight!

I'm afraid I cant do much cheering up since I'm alone tonight! :( We are celebrating on Friday night when he gets home. So tonight is left over lentil loaf and steamed green beans. I know I know, its so very exciting!:-p

There are two plus inches on the ground and it is ice.

No one is going anywhere for a while, Valentine's day or not.

Lulu, I hope you are feeling better soon. We have a wake tonight and my kitchen demo starts today, we will be eating leftover potato soup from last night.

The snow/ice storm ruined my plans to have a Giordano's pizza Fedexed here from Chicago this week so tonight we are having a baguette, d'afinois cheese and defrosted beef/vegtable soup. I have some bubbly in the fridge too.

Wow, the weather is bad, huh? One of DH's firm's offices in US had to close, but only the one...

Toots said:
The snow/ice storm ruined my plans to have a Giordano's pizza Fedexed here from Chicago this week so tonight we are having a baguette, d'afinois cheese and defrosted beef/vegtable soup. I have some bubbly in the fridge too.

Toots, I feel guilty, I have a Giordanno's 2 miles from my house. Next time I have some I will think of you. The bubbly will help! Happy Valentines Day!

Since Lou and I actually live so far apart we only get the pleasure of each other's company on weekends, vacations and big holidays. It's such a strain the next day to get to work if we try to do something during the week. There have been Valentine's Days in the past when he's made the drive, but I'm glad that wasn't planned for tonight. We're both experiencing a wicked ice storm so travel is treacherous, at the very least.

I'll make something nice for Friday night instead of our usual cocktails and light fare. I'm in the mood for lamb chops..... We're both just so happy to have love in our lives and it's satisfying on so many levels.

I hope everyone has a marvelous Valentine's day. Travel safely!:heart::heart::in_love::in_love::wub::wub::heart::heart:

DH is taking me to my favourite restaurant tonight. Typical Greek fare with nice soothing music and good wine. I am sure we will have a great time whispering sweet nothings.:LOL:

May I wish all DC members "Happy Valentine's Day"!

Last edited:
VB, I should have read the thread before my PM, duh! Have a great relaxing night!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, I am feeling a bit better this afternoon, but I'm still going to play it safe with supper....I'll cook for DH though, lol!

Nothing exciting here. Just leftovers when anyone's hungry since I have class tonight and my sweetie is teaching tonight after work. Hope everyone up north stays warm and safe today. We're just getting rain here in my part of VA.

Michelemarie said:
Toots, I feel guilty, I have a Giordanno's 2 miles from my house. Next time I have some I will think of you. The bubbly will help! Happy Valentines Day!

Oh yum, if I lived 2 miles from Giardanno's they'd know me by name. My hubby used to live in Chicago and its his favorite pizza, we indudge whenever we get up there (and then take long naps!).;)

We'll have our "special" V-day dinner this Saturday, too, when DH is home and can hlep watch Sofie while I cook. Tonight it's leftover chili--that BIG pot did me in again and I made a ton!:ROFLMAO:

No one is going anywhere , supper will be - wee, lol - Hot dogs and mac n cheese, thats sorta romantic isn't it !? Everyone - have a" Great Valentines Day" :heart:!!!

I'm working tonight so I have no idea what the cook will be feeding me. I'm praying it will be something tasty. I'm leaving perohe and sausages for my family tonight. Thats easy for the girls to prepare and its one of Madeleine's favorite meals. I'll do something special on Saturday night and call it Belated Valentine's dinner.

while the man is in California and I am in West Palm Beach Florida, I'll be dining, alone and alas, at Carrabba's. If you're alone and bored, oh do ''please'' join me............happy valentines day

I'm makin Weiner Schnitzel, spatzle and broccoli. I had planned on going out for strawberries to dip in chocolate but I'm still recovering from my operation and am very tired today.

Sorry you're feeling poorly, Lulu. Just think of what fun you'll have making up for lost time later.:rolleyes:

Very cold here today. Single digits but there's a little sunshine.

Started our day with a special Valentine's Day breakfast of poached eggs on homemade rolls, browned sausage patties (sausage made by a friend) and chocolate-raspberry coffee.

Dinner will be French onion soup, shrimp and artichoke quiche and black devil's food cake. I used some of the leftover breakfast coffee in the cake. It should be yummy.

Probably end the night with a glass of sherry.

"Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!"

Half Baked said:
I'm makin Weiner Schnitzel, spatzle and broccoli. I had planned on going out for strawberries to dip in chocolate but I'm still recovering from my operation and am very tired today.
Schnitzel, hmmm... yummy!! How do you prepare your spatzle?

Back
Top Bottom