Originally Posted by Jeekinz
Can you post the recipe for those dumplings? I've been craving them lately and would like to try to make them myself.
sure thing.... they are pretty easy and a favorite snack of mine...
- 3/4 lbs. Groud Pork (or smeat/fake meat)
- 1 Cup red Cabbage (minced)
- 2 Tablesppon Ginger (minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic (minced)
- 6 Scallions/Geen Onions (Sliced)
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 24 Dumpling Wrappers (can be found in asian section of supermarket or in an asian market)
- 1 Egg (Beaten)
- egg wash
- 2 Tablespoon Peanut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
Combine the pork, soy sauce, beaten egg, cabbage, garlice, ginger, and half the scallions.
Lay each dumpling wrapper flat. Brush half the circle with egg. Place 1 Teaspoon
of pork mixture in center of dough. fold the top end of the dough over and pinch w/ a fork to close.
Heat oil in large pan. Add dumplings (6 to 8 at a time) and cook on high heat for 2 minutes. Add water
cover and lower to medium heat for 3 minutes. uncover, flip, and let stand for 2 minutes or until
water has evaporated. let stand for 5 minutes then serve.