What are you Munching this Monday? 01/20/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[*]1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, shoulder, or butt
[*]2 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
[*]2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
[*]2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
[*]2 tablespoons ketchup
[*]1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
[*]1 tablespoon liquid honey
[*]2 teaspoons brown sugar
[*]1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
[*]a few drops red food coloring, optional

Cut the pork into strips about 1 inch thick and 7 - 8 inches (18 - 20cm) long, and marinate, covered, for at least 8 10 hours, turning occasionally. Mix all of the other ingredients together and marinate the pork overnight. BBQ on low unti they are done through. You can eat it hot, warm, or use it cold in other recipes....

Thanks! After I C&P, I may bathe in it....

Psst, Rock, could you put this in its own recipe thread? Too good to let it just stay here...

Last edited:
Roast beast, roasted potatoes and carrots with gravy and green salad. I also made a Mulligatawny today. I will take some to work tomorrow to share and freeze the rest. ;')

Stirling got hungry before me, so he put out the food for the smørrebrødsbord. The only vegis that got put out were some pickles and sliced onion. :ermm: I think we stopped eating at an appropriate level of full. It was a nice supper.

I've never had any good luck with cooking ribs at home. How do you get your ribs to fall off the bone?
Braising is the best way. I would cook them covered on low in the oven for a couple of hours in about an inch or two of some kind of liquid. You could use tomato juice, beef broth, beer, garlic, onions spices. Any combination would do. After they are done, you can take them out, or drain the liquid and continue to cook them, saucing them until they are coated and dried up to your liking...

Must be on an Asian kick. Made chicken broth with an assortment of veggies, a bit of garlic and ginger, and bean thread noodles. Then we had chicken lo mein full of more veggies. Considering Chinese New Year isn't for another ten days I've managed to celebrate on holiday early! Still haven't mailed our our Christmas cards...:ermm:

Neither of us were very hungry so we had salmon salad sandwiches from the salmon I baked the other day. On the side were some tortilla chips.

I've never had any good luck with cooking ribs at home. How do you get your ribs to fall off the bone?

Practice :)
These were cooked indirect at around 300F. Just putting over a flame towards the end to caramelize the sauce a bit. And if I felt like getting up and going to the garbage I could take a pic of the white, clean bones ;)
grilled ribs and potatoes.jpg

Oh, Archway Oatmeal Raisin cookies, do they still make those?

They do. I saw them when I was looking for those cookies I can't seem to find.

Back
Top Bottom