What have you had for a snack lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Every night we have dinner threads. (Check, we eat dinner.) There is a thread for breakfast. (Good so far, I eat breakfast every day.) But I never get to post in the "Lunch" thread since we usually eat two real meals, then snack between them and/or after supper. Good snacks mostly, like a relish tray of fresh veggies with a bit of dip, or cut-up fruit with a smidge of ice cream to melt and coat the fruit, although I've been known to succumb to a dish of ice cream. :blush: But never lunch. I'm hoping that some of you nibble too, and share, and end up giving me ideas for between-meal munchies.

Having my mid-afternoon cup of coffee and needed something warmish. I toastd a slice of multigrain bread and smeared a little whipped honey on top. :yum: Sweet and kinda wholesome. Like Himself. ;)

At night, a couple of hours after dinner we have a bowl of low fat greek yoghurt add some clusters and some honey, it is delicious!

Great idea, CG!

I had a couple bites of a leftover tuna sub, extra banana peppers.

Great idea, CG!...
Thank you, thank you.
salute3.gif

Smucker's natural peanut butter or a chunk of aged cheddar cheese or both.:ermm::ohmy::LOL:
Aunt Bea, have you ever tried smearing some of that peanut butter (MY favorite PB too) on pieces of apple? Ooo, yum! :yum:

Thank you, thank you.

Aunt Bea, have you ever tried smearing some of that peanut butter (MY favorite PB too) on pieces of apple? Ooo, yum! :yum:

In a little dish, Smuckers natural chunky peanut butter mixed with a bit of honey, dip apple slices, yum!

Last edited:
Thank you, thank you.
salute3.gif

I do the apple thing in the fall when they are firm and crisp.

I pour the oil off when I open a new jar so it is thicker than usual, also a few less calories.

I usually just eat it off the spoon! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I sometimes do peanuts, some dark chocolate chips, raisins tossed with chilpolte chili and sea salt in one of those pyrex little cups (1/2 cup). Otherwise, if I snack, I usually grab some raw almonds or an ounce of cheese or raw veggies/fruit or 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt or air-popped popcorn topped with curry powder or nutritional yeast, smoked oysters, a hard boiled egg. If I have made some roasted chickpeas, I'll munch on those, but I don't buy junk food, so I don't have those things in the house, so no temptation, and I don't buy ice cream. If I want ice cream, I make it. Because I eat my big meal in the morning, I don't find that I need to snack between meals--I only eat lunch and supper when I'm hungry and don't snack between those meals. Works for me.

...I pour the oil off when I open a new jar so it is thicker than usual, also a few less calories.

I usually just eat it off the spoon! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Pour the oil off? What a great idea! Never thought of that...and it takes FOREVER to mix it in properly when you open a new jar. I had taken to storing them upside-down so that it was easier to mix from the bottom up.

My confession is after I make a PB&J sandwich I lick the knife clean before I put it in the washer. Funny how all that peanut butter sticks mos to that last knife full...:whistling

Pour the oil off? What a great idea! Never thought of that...and it takes FOREVER to mix it in properly when you open a new jar. I had taken to storing them upside-down so that it was easier to mix from the bottom up.

My confession is after I make a PB&J sandwich I lick the knife clean before I put it in the washer. Funny how all that peanut butter sticks mos to that last knife full...:whistling

I store it upside down too, CG. Aunt Bea, pouring the oil off is brilliant! Whoda thunkit?

I like a small plate of a few Tostitos topped with shredded low fat cheese, nuke on low till melted, top with salsa and yogurt cheese or low fat sour cream. Instant nachos. Drained black beans are good on them too, also corn kernals or jalapeno slices.

I like pretzel sticks dipped in either Nutella or jalapeño mustard, depending on my mood. Or nachos. And of course I lick the knife. It gets cleaner that way. ;-)

Last edited:
Munching on a couple Triscuits to go along with my *ahem* dessert beer. (Heck, if I'm going to have a dessert beer I should keep some Lambics on hand...:huh: ) Pretzel sticks would have been better but it seems like they evaporated from the pantry :rolleyes:...into Himself's tummy.

Back
Top Bottom