What's cooking Election Day Tuesday November 3, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i am not sure yet. i have several choices.

what about you?

Crock pot meal numbah two: Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls casserole.
Was gonna make the Carpathian Cabbage recipe posted here, but
"upgraded" it to this instead.
Basically cabbage rolls without the rolls, LOL!

I was going to do a pot roast today with all the trimmings....until DH informed me at 10 pm last night that he picked up an extra shift for today because it is someone's birthday and they wanted it off. So, it is thawed in the fridge but will wait until tomorrow.

Dad wants to watch his two favourite shows at 5 and 6 pm on the Eastern channels so we watch our Canucks play hockey later. So I am making hot dogs today so we can eat them in front of the TV!

I was going to do a pot roast today with all the trimmings....until DH informed me at 10 pm last night that he picked up an extra shift for today because it is someone's birthday and they wanted it off. So, it is thawed in the fridge but will wait until tomorrow.

Dad wants to watch his two favourite shows at 5 and 6 pm on the Eastern channels so we watch our Canucks play hockey later. So I am making hot dogs today so we can eat them in front of the TV!
i still am not sure on dinner but strange you should mention hot dogs!! i have been thinking of dogs all the way (texas weiners), dogs and kraut, dogs, onions and tomato over pasta dogs all different ways for 2 days. and for the last hour i have been thinking of a dog split long ways insert yellow cheese, close up and wrap with bacon end to end, secure with a toothpick then fry in pan till bacon is cooked. i have none of the fixings for any of my doggie dreams. :(

i have none of the fixings for any of my doggie dreams. :(

Come over here and you will get fried dogs on fresh buns which have swiss cheese broiled on them, smothered in fried onions. You have your choice of condiments and can go with or without sauerkraut as you please :)

Daughter #2 is home sick, (Flu) and I feel like crap (trying NOT to have flu) so homemade chicken soup is on the stove now. Someone told me its National Sandwich Day so we'll have those with the soup. At least those who feel up to it will.

Come over here and you will get fried dogs on fresh buns which have swiss cheese broiled on them, smothered in fried onions. You have your choice of condiments and can go with or without sauerkraut as you please :)
yummy!! got bacon?

i still am not sure on dinner but strange you should mention hot dogs!! i have been thinking of dogs all the way (texas weiners), dogs and kraut, dogs, onions and tomato over pasta dogs all different ways for 2 days. and for the last hour i have been thinking of a dog split long ways insert yellow cheese, close up and wrap with bacon end to end, secure with a toothpick then fry in pan till bacon is cooked. i have none of the fixings for any of my doggie dreams. :(
Back in NY, we call that a Dog Burger!

I did something similar a few days ago, but I stuffed the dog with onion, then wrapped in bacon.

Alix.... I hope the two of you feel better soon!

I'm doing pork chops with an apple cider glaze. It was an old ATK recipe from years ago that I've adapted a bit over time. I'm not sure how much it still resembles the original, but we sure like them.

Working on it. She's asleep on the couch and I'm sprawled in the chair. Working up the energy to go make tea.

If ever a situation called for two fingers of bourbon...Now is the time!!!;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've got a butt on the Klose...Needs about another hour....So I'll be having pulled pork sammichs...slaw...etc....

Sounds like another situation that calls for a wee bit of bourbon...:ermm: Hmmmmm 5:00 on the East coast!!! :)

I've been busy scrubbing floors and making bread, so I think I'll go the route of EASY. I have some little mini steaks in the refrigerator. I'll probably just lightly grill them and have a baked potato on the side. I'm too tired to eat a lot.

Whew! Where'd the day go?

alix i hope you all get feeling better very soon sweetie.

One of my comfort foods - Mini wagon wheel pasta topped with meat sauce (cubed bottom round roast seasoned well and browned, then simmered in burgundy wine till tender, then "pulled" and added to red gravy) and grated Italian cheese.

img_859990_0_ff621dd2e9d63343b981ae0015a802a8.jpg

img_859990_1_3d25ba7f8961bcd7f785b56233347e38.jpg

Back
Top Bottom