CA - San Francisco ... suggestions for Foodies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
I am tagging along when my hubby goes to San Fran for work at the end of February. We'll be there a week. I'd like some ideas on good places to eat, unusual foodie things to do (and don't worry I will thoroughly check out the Ghiradelli Chocolate Factory!)

Hi!! If you get a chance head over to the Mission and have brekkie at Boogaloo's. Boogaloos

If you like sushi (oh how I miss it so!) check out Sebo in Hayes Valley (517 Hayes St & Octavia) my friend back home is in love with the place.

If you want pure comfort food and great people, try Sauce, also in Hayes Valley (Gough & Oak) my friends own it! ;)

If you want posh/5 star, Gary Danko or better yet Boulevard. Boulevard Restaurant

My suggestion is to stay away from all the chain restaurants and cheesy tourist traps. If you have any questions about SF, let me know!! :)

Thanks redkitty!

I'm keen to try as many great little foodie places as I can, even if if means 6 meals a day!

In the Haight-Ashbury district is a fun little place - Cha Cha Cha's. It's a blend of Cuban, Puerto Rican and the Caribbean - dishes like Black Bean Cakes with Creole sauce, fried Plantains served over black bean puree, and their Pasilla Aioli with seafood is wonderful. Love that place.

Fun place - have a great trip.

Back
Top Bottom