Help!!- Salad ideas needed..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix said:
Gretchen, perhaps you could post your challenge elsewhere? Dine with us perhaps?
We don't want to hijack this thread away from Jen. She is still looking for ideas here.

No need. Just a suggestion. It was a sort of rhetorical but seems to be a problem so I will edit it out.
And I did offer a salad suggestion exactly as she had asked for--beans and a dressing.
But I didn't realize that suggesting a way to prepare an ingredient in one of her salads wouldn't be OK.

Last edited:
If you have chickpeas and fava beans, or just chickpeas ( or maybe you call them garbanzo beans) you might try making some mini-falafels, and toss them with your rice, and some diced and seeded roma tomatos and cucumbers, and a simple tahini sauce... i think this salad has some good potential but it needs something else, and I can't quite place my finger on what.... perhaps some coarse-chopped fresh italian parsley? Anyways, I'll let you decide how to finish it if you decide to run with this idea. Good luck!

AllenMI said:
KE, I did a google on that recipe, and found the recipe you posted.

The recipe I have, supposedly is from "The Big Texan Steakhouse", at least, according to that cookbook. However, the page I have is a copy, so I don't know what cookbook that is. This recipe doesn't use Worchestershire, fresh oregano, Tabasco, or corn.

I'd love to see your recipe Allen. Anything with a combination of these ingredients is always good! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom