"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 03-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourDietitian View Post
I hope you did understand what I meant , im sorry because my English is not very good , as I am a French speaker .
Your English is perfectly understandable! You wouldn't want to see my French ...

Old 03-07-2009, 06:50 AM   #12
Master Chef

My heart goes out. Right off the top of my head, I remember reading that sweet potatoes with buttermilk is a very nutritious combination. They can be pureed together to a mashed potato, or even soup consistency for a very high-nutrition meal. One thing that becomes difficult with people who have difficulty eating can be severe constipation, getting that fiber in without chewing is hard, so consider a fiber drink. Yogurt is good, as well. Keep us up to date.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:22 AM   #13
Assistant Cook

ISO Soft food diet

Hi all

I enjoyed reading the above information which was both enjoyable and educational.

we believe you will find that eating more fruits and vegetables is a delicious, as well as a nutritious, way to get the vitamins and minerals you need every day.

When word gets around about your command of healthy diet facts, others who need to know about different ways to start actively seek you out here.

Thanks
Old 03-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #14
Executive Chef

we made a soup for dad when he had cancer treatments and had trouble eating.

We simmered potatoes, carrots, and broccoli in low sodium chicken broth until quite mushy, added some cream and veal baby food, and pureed the lot. It was very tasty actually and very nutritious. We did not add any salt or pepper as Dad was sensitive to it at that point. But potato makes a great base for cream soups or purees which are easy to eat.

(Yes we could have reduced our own veal shoulder but time was an issue)