Malt Liquor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
My brother wants Malt Liqour. They are completely out of it and won't have any till Friday. Is this Malt Liqour really good? My brother thinks I am telling him a fib that they didn't have it. But it is the truth.

In terms of the question about malt liquor being any good, well, all I can say is I have not had it in many years and even then it was not among my first choices of beers.

But then again tastes certainly vary and mine has changed with age, to the point where I rarely drink beers at all, and then concentrate on heavier beers, or preferably ales, when I do.

I think one can still buy Colt 45 routinely at our local supermarkets, but am rarely in the beer section so am not sure.

If you can't find it at your local stores, there really is nothing that is quite the same that I can think of.

Sorry but I hope you and your brother have a very happy Thanksgiving anyway.

How old is your brother?

Malt liquor is delicious...It's like beer plus.

But I haven't had a drop since I was in college. It will knock your socks off, and I'm not kidding.

Make sure that you have enough small paper bags to put the can in and wrap around the can when serving. If you cannot find it in your grocery store you can try some of the "liquor" stores or convenience stores around the bus station or near a college campus.

I'm not knocking malt liquor, heaven knows that I've imbibed my share in my youth, but it is too strong for my constitution now. Strong flavor but high on alcohol.

img_358477_0_72346ee3ee70126bec38f140efe6a30c.jpg

Tattrat

That is priceless! thanks for sharing. I truly wish my brother could see this! He needs something to smile about. Due to having fallen and broken his thigh bone last year and now his shoulder this year, he has had his share of heartache. Trying to keep him well fed and give him what little he asks, is gift to me. I do tell him all the comments you make as he does not get to keep in touch much w/friends or neighbors. When you seem to become disabled many really don't have the time to keep in touch. I am thankful we have each other. (Not always)

In the Kitchen said:
When you seem to become disabled many really don't have the time to keep in touch. I am thankful we have each other. (Not always)

I know how that is. My friends mean well, and they come see me when they can, but they are busy with their own lives, and I just don't get to see them that often.

Constance

Count your blessings even though they may be small! Being able to 'talk' to the people here when you can is real gift. I only wish my brother would be able to interact on regular basis I worry about him getting discouraged about his situation. I believe you have family don't you? But as you said, the world is too busy to try to take time for each other. I know of husbands and wives who complain that they don't even remember the last time they talked to each other. You wonder where the world started losing its values of helping each other?

Please don't get down about things. There is always something positive about our life. We just forget about them when we see what others have. got to stay focused on the good. As I said, I always like to read your comments. Part of sharing. What we are supposed to do. Right?

Back
Top Bottom