"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Alcoholic Drinks

Old 11-29-2004, 03:40 PM   #11
Executive Chef

I will do that but do you think they will wonder if they got me started drinking? I bet they all drink some too, don't you think? That is where I first tasted the wine at communion. Might sound strange but as I said before our family never had extra for such pleasures. I'll let you know. If they don't make me feel ashamed!

Old 11-29-2004, 04:47 PM   #12
Senior Cook

I did a search for muscat then muscato [the Italian version of muscatel] cause it sounded familiar - I found listings under muscato - that might help - I could join you on the taste testing...of course I don't know what you remember, but always happy to help! Good luck!

Old 11-29-2004, 06:21 PM   #13
Executive Chef

muscato is what they gave me but maybe the brand is not right. Sutter Home brand and the wine is not what we thought it would be. Now my brother wants to mix it with the some kind of other bottle that tastes more stronger but is not a wine but some kind of syrup. Hope he doesn't get sick. He wants to try half and half. Probably konked out now from trying to make it taste like muscatel. Haven't gotten to call the Catholic Supply yet. I do appreciate everyone trying to help me out with this but in the meantime I am buying and still not getting right stuff. I just don't like to have so many opened bottles sitting around.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:27 AM   #14
Sous Chef

Don't know why, but whenever I hear or see Muscatel, I think of winos and Thunderbird.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:10 PM   #15
Executive Chef

That is what we got when we went to communion. We never had wine in our house and we liked the taste when we got served at church. That is impression people get when I talk about it. Like I want to drink a lot but honestly that is the only wine we had when we were at home. Our dad never drank cause we had other things to worry about. Mainly, large family. Psiguyy, have you ever tasted it? What kind do you drink?
Old 11-30-2004, 03:38 PM   #16
Sous Chef

I'm allergic to red wine, so I only drink white, mostly German, and not that often.