Yuengling Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
Hubby bought 3 six-packs of Yuengling beer the other day, a Black & Tan, a Lager, & a Light Lager. I'm curious as to what to expect since the only beer I drink is Mich ultra or ultra amber. Has anyone here tried it & what did you think? I'm willing to try anything at least once. The funny thing about hubby buying this is that he dosen't even drink beer!!:rolleyes: His brother said I might like it so he thought he'd surprise me. Gotta love him for that!

It's funny you posted about this beer because today was the first time I had ever seen the brand before. What a coincidence!!

Yuengling is America's oldest continuous brewery...Pottsville, PA. (pronounced Yingling) It is quality brew. The black and tan is a mild stout mixed with lager, the lager is a full flavor amber beer, and the lite is a lite version of it. These are milder than say Pete's Wicked Ales or Sam Adams, but in the same league for sure. The Lord Chesterfield Ale is a good full bodied Ale, also one of theirs.

Don't get me started - lol!!!

Dark beer lover that I am, many years ago I fell in LOVE with Yuengling's Porter. It was rich, not too bitter, & very reasonably priced. You could buy it nearly anywhere & everywhere that sold beer in Virginia.

Then it started only appearing in markets during the fall & winter months, & I'd stock up. Then it started only appearing once in awhile in specialty beverage markets.

Now it appears NOWHERE!! I do believe they still make it, but I haven't enjoyed one in about 5 years, & I MISS IT!!!

Yeh, their Porter is still available; my guess is local carriers didn't think it sold enough to keep in stock. Ask em to order you a case or two and buy a beer fridge!

Yuengling is alive and going strong in Pottsville, Pennsylvania. Since Rolling Rock sold out to (Bleech) Budwe....I can't even spell that name out anymore, Yuengling along with Straub in St. Marys are Pennsylvania's only mid-size brewers. But there are a lot and I do mean a lot of craft brewers like Appalachian and Lancaster and Red Star and Troegs that make excellent craft brews. Some of the best anywhere. As a proud Pennsylvanian I drink
Yuengling and prefer their Premium to their Lager which is their flagship brew these days. I like their B&T, Porter and Ale and depending on my mood I will buy them too. Enjoy. Yuengling is a legacy of Pennsylvania's rich brewing tradition.

I have had Yuengling and enjoyed it. I remember in college all my friends in the PA area raved about it.

I never see it up here in MA, but recently had it in NJ at my cousins wedding. I had the black and tan which was not bad at all. It would not be something I would pay for as I think there are much better beers out there, but it really is not bad at all. I have not tried the porter though so if I ever see it I will give it a shot.

LOVE the 'ling!!!! theres a bulk alcohol warehouse about 15 mins from me that sells it by the case (bottles) for $14 per case. i usually go there and but 5-6 cases at a time and stock all my fridges!!

Back
Top Bottom