Exotic Epic Chicken Stew..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I don't impress easily, but this recipe I followed closely tonight just blew us away with the very unusual and delicious combinations of flavors. I thought it sounded good, but neither of us expected to be so impressed. It's hard to not be really dramatic here.
For the two of us I cut the recipe in half and to be fair, followed it closely. The bottom line, is I wouldn't change a thing even though I'm a control freak like many of us. Holy cow, this recipe is mind blowing!

https://www.today.com/recipes/padma-lakshmi-s-chicken-pepper-stew-t119335

PC080061_1.jpg

Last edited:
I think you picked a good one when you discovered this recipe. You are right, I don't think I would change anything either by the looks of the ingredients. As much as my mind says, add gramma's dumplings to the stew, I think I would make biscuits to serve alongside and be happy. Sooo copied and pasted.

Looks and sounds delish, Kay! Are cerignola olives the pretty fluorescent green ones we see at Costco?

Looks and sounds delish, Kay! Are cerignola olives the pretty fluorescent green ones we see at Costco?

Yes, they are Dawg. However, the closest thing SC could find in this one store town was Mezzetta brand "Castelvetrano Italian pitted olives" and the flavor profile is close from what I've read. They're sure tasty out of the jar. :yum:

That looks complicated and delicious. Just the kind of recipe I like! Don’t know if I can find the olives, though.

Copied and saved. The flavor profile sounds delish, what with the apricots, chicken and olives. I've seen the Castelvetrano olives here in my grocery store too, so will probably go ahead with those since they've gotten such a good review in past posts here.

Thank you for sharing, Kay...great pic! :yum:

Back
Top Bottom