Pineapple Oatmeal Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sir_Loin_of_Beef

Chef Extraordinaire
Pineapple oatmeal muffins. They are in the oven right now:

Ingredients:
  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
  • ½ cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 Tbs baking powder
  • 8oz crushed pineapple, with juice
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp Amoretti Madagascar-Bourbon (2 fold) Vanilla Extract
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350F.Line 2 six-cup muffin pans with baking cups. ( I am using one huge 6 cup pan)

In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, cream the butter and brown sugar until pale yellow andfluffy. Add the pineapple, buttermilk, egg and vanilla and continueto beat until well blended. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the flour,baking powder and oatmeal together. Slowly add the dry ingredientsinto the wet ingredients and continue to beat at medium speed until combined.

Divide batter evenly amongst the baking cups and bake in a 350F oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the muffins in the pan for 10 minutes, then move them to cooling racks. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Oops, there's the timer. Gotta go!

Pineapple oatmeal muffins. They are in the oven right now:

Ingredients:
  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
  • ½ cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 Tbs baking powder
  • 8oz crushed pineapple, with juice
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp Amoretti Madagascar-Bourbon (2 fold) Vanilla Extract
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350F.Line 2 six-cup muffin pans with baking cups. ( I am using one huge 6 cup pan)

In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, cream the butter and brown sugar until pale yellow andfluffy. Add the pineapple, buttermilk, egg and vanilla and continueto beat until well blended. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the flour,baking powder and oatmeal together. Slowly add the dry ingredientsinto the wet ingredients and continue to beat at medium speed until combined.

Divide batter evenly amongst the baking cups and bake in a 350F oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the muffins in the pan for 10 minutes, then move them to cooling racks. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Oops, there's the timer. Gotta go!
Thanks, sir Loin. saved to my recipe folder and ready and waiting to be baked for my next fund-raiser

Waiting for a review, too! They sound delicious - I'm a big fan of pineapple anything. :yum:

I suggest draining the crushed pineapple. I used my jumbo 6 slot muffin pan and it took close to an hour to bake these muffins all the way through.

They were delicious, though. Cut them in half, toast them and add a schmear.

Back
Top Bottom