Crispy pork belly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siegal

Sous Chef
I ate it so fast I almost had non left by the time I remembered to take a picture!

I swear it was one of the best things I ever ate.

I was also cooking some tongue for dinner tm aNd gave the baby some but she stole my pork and Is too busy eating that to bother with the

image-2408414787.jpg

tongue!

No -boiled cow tongue. I was cooking it for rosh hashana tm (yes I see the irony of cooking pork today!) also delicious. This was my first pork belly- I am trying to get comfortable with cooking pork as I just never really did before. Want to experiment with "hocks" next

Looks good. I have gotten into pork belly lately also.There are some great Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese recipes. I bought a whole pork belly from a producer at our local farmers market and have 5, 2 lb pieces in the freezer. I just have to pace myself and try not to eat it too fast. The last one I did was marinated over night in a porchetta type blend. Lots of garlic. It was awsome. Can't wait for the next one,:pig:

No -boiled cow tongue. I was cooking it for rosh hashana tm (yes I see the irony of cooking pork today!) also delicious. This was my first pork belly- I am trying to get comfortable with cooking pork as I just never really did before. Want to experiment with "hocks" next

Thanks Siegal :)

In the meantime, thank to your post, I discovered lots of recipes for pork tongue here in Italy. I never even thought about cooking a pork tongue...:ohmy:

justplainbill said:
Looks kind of red for uncured pork; more like corned beef.

I think it may be the Chinese five spice I put on it. Kind of brown maybe?

love this post, siegal--actually, any post that awakens my taste buds and seduces my appetite like the pork belly i've yet to taste. i will surely be cooking my first pork belly soon. it seems everyone is raving about it lately, and i just love pork so much anyway--every part of the pig i've ever tried. i think that includes pretty much everything except for the curled-up tails i have passed up on more than one occasion. hell, somebody tell me about their delicious pork tail recipe, and i'll likely be ready for another go at 'em....:)

love this post, siegal--actually, any post that awakens my taste buds and seduces my appetite like the pork belly i've yet to taste. i will surely be cooking my first pork belly soon. it seems everyone is raving about it lately, and i just love pork so much anyway--every part of the pig i've ever tried. i think that includes pretty much everything except for the curled-up tails i have passed up on more than one occasion. hell, somebody tell me about their delicious pork tail recipe, and i'll likely be ready for another go at 'em....:)
Three or four per liter of sauce makes a nice ragu for pasta. Kinda messy but so are neck bones.

Rocklobster said:
Looks good. I have gotten into pork belly lately also.There are some great Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese recipes. I bought a whole pork belly from a producer at our local farmers market and have 5, 2 lb pieces in the freezer. I just have to pace myself and try not to eat it too fast. The last one I did was marinated over night in a porchetta type blend. Lots of garlic. It was awsome. Can't wait for the next one,:pig:

Yes I got this recipe from the food of Asia cookbook. It just looked so good and I have been obsessed with chicharon recently anyway. I just made sure it was dry and rubbed it with salt and five spice and let it roast. Concocted a dipping sauce with soy, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, chili paste. It was so simple I can't believe it was so good.

pork belly is delicious. Pretty unhealthy so, I'd probably only have it once a month. Simple salt and pepper is always good. It's really nice to dip it in a sauce made of vinegar, a touch of soy sauce, and chopped up onions!

Back
Top Bottom