Food photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MS, I have just been looking back at all your meals, they are amazing :ohmy:

Thank you for showing us :)

Ok, you can scale it way down, but you will get the general idea. This is one of my faves, Hawaiian style Garlic Shrimp:

mise en place:

Ginger, garlic, carrot, onion, peppers, crushed red pepper,

img_1163617_0_dc33917d74218b461448ea76f543f1ec.jpg

Hot wok(in this case a tilt skillet), but a wok is ideal. . .toast the ginger, and then the garlic, brown a little, add crushed red pepper:

img_1163617_1_3df8a29defa0785eef5db231dc8d025e.jpg

img_1163617_2_74aa3823d6d3c6a22c7fe270e346ef89.jpg

Add in Shrimp. SHELL ON is best(though it makes for messier eating, it adds more flavor and the sauce gets in between the shell and the shrimp):

img_1163617_3_9e5371fa6ca007dd3db72da507e54efe.jpg

Add about 3 Longboard lagers, add in veggies, butter, and steam until shrimp are done. if doing in large batches, pull shrimp when they are about 3min from being done, the carry over heat will take care of the rest:

img_1163617_4_34e4b323c3d401da1f56e72053d9442b.jpg

Serve with rice, or Mac salad, and some lemon, or lime

img_1163617_5_8b4dd4a6219727359afe6d23e2c68c59.jpg

Cheap and cheerful. A nice change from just "Old Bay Peel and Eats".

Last edited:
stunning :chef:tatt!!
"Add in Shrimp. SHELL ON is best(though it makes for messier eating, it adds more flavor and the sauce gets in between the shell and the shrimp)"
it's the only way matey...all the taste is in the head.i suck the contents out after eating the tail meat...reckon the best bit of a lobster is the tomalley? tamale? in the head....and of course the coral & brown meat in a cooked crab:yum:!! mind you i also prefer chicken/turkey thighs/drummers to breast meat....that's where the flavour is & it's all about the flavour in my book,'innit tatt?

Last edited:
stunning :chef:tatt!!
"Add in Shrimp. SHELL ON is best(though it makes for messier eating, it adds more flavor and the sauce gets in between the shell and the shrimp)"
it's the only way matey...all the taste is in the head.i suck the contents out after eating the tail meat...reckon the best bit of a lobster is the tomalley? tamale? in the head....and of course the coral & brown meat in a cooked crab:yum:!! mind you i also prefer chicken/turkey thighs/drummers to breast meat....that's where the flavour is & it's all about the flavour in my book,'innit tatt?

It might be all about the flavor, but I don't want to spend my meal time working for my food. Take the shells off in the kitchen please. And the heads. I also don't want my food staring at me. It gives me guilt! And the correct spelling is tamale. You had it right the second time. If you really want flavor, ask for female lobsters and hope they have some roe inside. They are smaller, but sweeter. If the roe is on the outside, they have to be tossed back into the ocean. At least here in New England. :ohmy:

Actually, Addie, Harry had it right the first time in reference to lobsters, unless he's cooking them Mexican style. :LOL:

Actually, Addie, Harry had it right the first time in reference to lobsters, unless he's cooking them Mexican style. :LOL:
"a rose by any other name smells as sweet" but you're right dawg.mexican lobster? oh,i get it....tamale's:LOL:!! i did order lobster when i was on holiday in cancun once.very different beast to our lobsters & your maine lobsters,no claws as such but a lot more tail meat.some of the flights i've taken have landed at bangor maine airport to refuel etc.you could order lobsters by the case to be picked up on the return journey.yum,good lobsters:yum:!!

"a rose by any other name smells as sweet" but you're right dawg.mexican lobster? oh,i get it....tamale's:LOL:!! i did order lobster when i was on holiday in cancun once.very different beast to our lobsters & your maine lobsters,no claws as such but a lot more tail meat.some of the flights i've taken have landed at bangor maine airport to refuel etc.you could order lobsters by the case to be picked up on the return journey.yum,good lobsters :yum:!!

We here in Boston and points south call them Atlantic lobsters. From NH and further north they call them Maine lobsters. Same lobsters, same ocean waters. Maine does almost twice the business in lobsters than southern New England does. That's because the waters in Maine are much colder. Lobsters prefer cold water. The lobster you had in Cancun are called Rock lobsters. I would imagine that your lobsters if caught up by the Hebrides or along the coast of Scotland would taste the same as "Maine" lobsters. :yum:

We here in Boston and points south call them Atlantic lobsters. From NH and further north they call them Maine lobsters. Same lobsters, same ocean waters. Maine does almost twice the business in lobsters than southern New England does. That's because the waters in Maine are much colder. Lobsters prefer cold water. The lobster you had in Cancun are called Rock lobsters. I would imagine that your lobsters if caught up by the Hebrides or along the coast of Scotland would taste the same as "Maine" lobsters. :yum:
interesting addie.you are also right on the taste.the lobsters from scottish waters are almost identical to the maine lobsters in size & taste.as you say,due to the deep,icy cold,crystal clear waters.i think all cold ocean seafood/fish tastes better than it's warm water cousin.they grow more slowly & don't get as big as they do in the warm water.the flavour of the maine(and no doubt boston)lobsters & scottish lobsters was far superior IMO to the rock lobsters as you call them.scottish crabs,particularly orkney crabs are hard to beat too!!

cooked this tonight,inspired by a triple d episode that visited a seaside restaurant overlooking the ocean in the boston,maine,chesapeake bay type area of the states:harry's cornmeal double dredged,fried,tilapia,king scallops,squid & prawns with oven fries,coleslaw & icy cold beer

Attachments

• FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 001.JPG
    FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 001.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 261
  • FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 002.JPG
    FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 002.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 163
  • FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 003.JPG
    FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 003.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 165
  • FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 004.JPG
    FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 004.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 164
  • FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 005.JPG
    FRIED FISH & SEAFOOD 005.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 245
That really does look sensational H :chef:

We get really nice lobsters from our Australian waters too :)

Back
Top Bottom