"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 05-13-2016, 03:38 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Where to find meat tortellini

I used to not like tortellini very much, but when I was in Italy, I discovered that not all tortellini was filled with cheese or spinach. I had beef, seafood, and ham and proscuitto tortellini -- so much better. Some pricey Italian restaurants have housemade non-cheese ones, but at grocery stores a I've never seen anything more interesting. I've made my own tortellini before, but it's a lot of work to do regularly, so i figured I'd ask if anyone has ever found meat filled tortellini. I don't think I've ever seen a fresh pasta market (not that I've looked). Some quick online research with instacart suggest whole foods has proscuitto and parmesan filled ones, but I haven't seen any other options.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:28 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

Unless you can find an Italian specialty shop you may be out of luck. You can, however, find fresh meat filled ravioli in supermarkets.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:53 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Buitoni makes chicken stuffed and sausage stuffed tortellini, which you can find in the refrigerated, not frozen, section of most major supermarkets.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:38 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

I have seen tortellini with prosciutto in several grocery stores near me. Buitoni is widely available. Here's a link you can use to find a store near you: Meat Ravioli | Meat Tortellini & Meat-Filled Pasta | BUITONIŽ

You can also order it from Amazon.

Tags
meat