I tried a new recipe out today that ended up turning out wonderful! I had heard of fried rice balls before, but I had never tried them. I hopped online & got a general idea of what the recipe called for, but I threw in my own changes. Here's what I used:
- 2 cups cooked and cooled chicken flavored rice (1 packet) *
- 1/2 cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 eggs, at room temperature, beaten
- Vegetable oil @ 350 degrees, for frying
* The rice that I used was a packet of Knorr Rice-Sides Chicken flavor. I got it at Walmart --> Knorr Rice Sides Chicken
I mixed the ingredients together, and rolled small (maybe 2 oz.?) balls in a separate bowl of Italian bread crumbs. I fried the balls for about 3-4 minutes in small batches, and they turned out great! Really nice flavor.
They had a good flavor, and they weren't all that dry... but I still feel like they could use a nice dipping sauce. Only problem is I have no idea what! I looked around the forums, as well as Google searched some things, but I haven't found anything.