"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery

Old 09-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #21
Senior Cook

I used to belong to the BBC food forum (until they decided, in their wisdom to close all their forums ) and one of the members was an Indian lady - Mamta - who has a wonderful (well I think it is ) website with so many brilliant Indian recipes. There are lots of raita recipes - just type raita into the search box.

Mamta's Kitchen Recipe Search!

Old 10-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #22
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
How do you make your home made yogurt? I tried making it and it tasted good but I like it thicker. I drained it, but it still didn't get as thick as I like it. I buy plain greek yogurt and love the thickness. Sometimes I drain it to make it even thicker.
Make the yogurt in earthen or clay pots, it will absorp excess water and the yogurt will be thick. If possible use new pots each time you make. We generally do this, earthen pot is very cheap here.

radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #23
Head Chef

Try adding a pinch or two of asafoetida, it has a distinct flavor which may be what you're missing. =)

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, indian, recipe, yogurt

Indian food Hi, Does anyone have recipe (not cumin based) for Indian yogurt raita condiment that has a pleasant but more "sour" flavor that I seem to be missing. Is there a herb that subtly intensifies the agreeable "sour" taste I am missing? also, the mango lassi recipes I find are also missing this subtly sour taste... anyone? 3 stars 1 reviews