"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches
Old 10-01-2006, 04:04 PM   #21
Senior Cook
Originally Posted by Alix
Well Debbie, I have to say you have me stumped. I have been all over Canada and I have NEVER been anyplace where they didn't sell bread cubes. LOL. You live in a very small town? I think you will find making bread cubes pretty easy. You might just want to use fresh bread for your stuffing if you run out of time. I've done that several times and it works just fine. I'm a pretty simplistic stuffing maker myself though. Nothing very fancy.

Good luck to you and I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving.

yes.. I am outside Toronto... but to get to Toronto, I have to drive the highway 401.. and Oh my goodness.. that highway scares me.. so I just stay in my small little town :) and HAPPY Thanksgiving to you to!... Seems soo strange for me to say that, when I am so used to Thanksgiving being in November, and Halloween after Thanksgiving... and ya know.. HOW did Canada get Thanksgiving before America? I mean.. I thought American was suppose to have the pilgrams and indian thing going on..
And oh man.. turkeys here, are like 2.59 a pound!.. in Washington, around Thanksgiving time, they were like 59 cents a pound, I bought a small one.. paid over $25 ouch! .. ooopsie I got off topic

Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #22
HOLY CRAP Debbie! Whereever you are shopping STOP! No bread cubes...and $2.59/lb is highway robbery! A good bird is on for 99 cents a pound this week.

And here Thanksgiving is about giving thanks for a good harvest. Most countries have something similar. Its just not a Pilgrim thing here. Being before Halloween does have disadvantages (no fresh pumpkin for pie). But its sort of nice to space out the big feasts a bit more.

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:19 PM   #23
Head Chef
Debbie - listen to kitchenelf - she is the greatest and happy bread cubes for stuffing.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #24
Senior Cook
Originally Posted by Alix
disadvantages (no fresh pumpkin for pie). But its sort of nice to space out the big feasts a bit more.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ROFL I found fresh pumpkins $1.99 each

and Actually thats the SALE price for the turkeys.. Even cornish hens.. are $8 a piece here.. Amazing huh?
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #25
Sous Chef
Bread cubes

Debbie, may I ask where you live in Ontario? Surely there's a Loblaws/No Frills or Dominion or Sobey's near you in some city that you told about.
Get yourself an egg loaf (Challah bread), tear it into pieces, let them dry out for a couple of days, then go on from there with your favourite stuffing recipe.
ella/TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #26
Assistant Cook
I just toast my bread through and tear into pieces. I also leave on the crust. I get rave reviews for my stuffing!

LindaB is offline   Reply With Quote