Looking for bun recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

killandgrill

Assistant Cook
Looking for a recipe for buns like my grandma made. Don't have much to go on but here is what I can tell you about them.
They seemed like a heavier type of bun with a course texture, not light and fluffy. I remember she would cut out a circle from the dough and put a smear of butter on it and cut a seam in it slightly off center and fold it over. If anyone has a recipe that sounds similar I would greatly apprieciate it. Thanks.

Sounds more like a biscuit. I don't do biscuits, sorry, but give it time. There are tons of folks here that do.
And try looking at our catagory:Bread, Cornbread & Sandwiches.
Or on the top bar, where it says SEARCH, click that and type in
BISCUITS, and see what you find.

BTW,
th_welcome.gif

Welcome to DC. The coarse texture has me puzzled. I was going to say it sounds like a certain dinner roll. According to Bernard Clayton, Jr., "The eight most popular dinner rolls are Parker House, bowknots, rosettes, butterhorns, crescents, cloverleafs, fan-tans and pan rolls." To me it sounded like a Parker House roll but those are light and fluffy but the butter and shape is correct.
Anyone else know?

I agree with the above...sounds more like a biscuit that was used as a sandwich bun, especially based on the method you describe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom