Combinations that just strike you as wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry Barbara, fruit and meat together is a no go in my world. I have tried many different combos. I'm open and willing to try most things. I just don't like fruit and meat together. Now if we are talking roast pork and then apple pie for dessert, I'm ALL IN!

Fried Chicken and Waffles, another Memphis (southern) misstep.

Cheese and shrimp - yuck, yuck and double yuck!!!

Cheese and shrimp - yuck, yuck and double yuck!!!

I have never seen Fried Chicken and Waffles in the same sentence before, much less on the same plate! Ewwwwwwww!!!!

I've also never seen shrimp and cheese. Yuck is right!

Milk and seafood! :sick::sick::sick:

Here's one that sounded really gross to me, but it turned out to taste fabulous: deep fried Camembert with strawberry jam on toast.

I love chicken and waffles, but I make it different than I have seen it in restaurants. I put a fresh made waffle on a plate (I DO NOT put sugar in my waffle batter, so it is savory!), place a fried chicken cutlet on the waffle, pour chicken gravy over the top, and serve it with mashed potatoes and vegetable of choice.

My DD just gave me one (she did this at dinner last night)

Mustard on tuna salad

Sorry Barbara, fruit and meat together is a no go in my world. I have tried many different combos. I'm open and willing to try most things. I just don't like fruit and meat together. Now if we are talking roast pork and then apple pie for dessert, I'm ALL IN!

How about a nice ham steak with pineapple rings? Melon balls wrapped in thinly sliced prosciutto?

How about a nice ham steak with pineapple rings? Melon balls wrapped in thinly sliced prosciutto?

No and no. Sorry, there is not a fruit/meat combo that works in my world. I know other folks love it, but it just is wrong for me. I keep tasting...but haven't found one that works. Last time I tried the melon/proscuitto thing all I kept thinking was, "What a waste of good proscuitto!" I peeled it off and ate each one separately.

Doesn't matter. Either way ricotta and cottage cheese are on my "do not eat" list.

I only eat ricotta and cottage cheese in very specific dishes and in very specific ways.

A bowl of piping hot, strongly seasoned chili wih a couple of heaping tablespoons of cottage cheese in it is awesome!

The same thing with Ricotta and almost any vey spicy curry dish.

Yum City! :chef::pig::pig::pig:

LOL.... I love ham (or Canadian bacon) with pinapple on pizza. And, the only way I would have shrimp with cheese is in an alfredo pasta dish. I would also include mushrooms and broccoli.

Back
Top Bottom