Dancin' by Myself.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Anyone listen to a TV theme song and then kinda dance to it whilst no one is around? :rolleyes:
1.gif
12.gif

I love dancing alone. Its the only time I can get my real groove on. When I dance with others, I'm always sort of trying to impress.

How funny. I'm reading Yul Brynner's bio to some friends and already read both Anna's memoirs and a bio of her to them. I've also read a bio written by Anna's son. But the point is, I'm a huge fan of all things related to the R&H movie, The King and I. My sisters and I were all taught to polka at an early age. Whenever the scene "Shall We Dance" comes on, we'd pair off and polka to it (it IS a polka, BTW, for those of you who don't know). I cannot hear that music without jumping up and dancing around the room. Many years ago my husband and I were babysitting a couple of kids (very rare, we make it a policy NOT to babysit), about 2 and 4 years old. Their mom had stuck that video in the vcr player. When that scene came on, we each grabbed a kid and danced. How can you NOT dance to it? The boys were thrilled -- and when their Mom came home she said "Of course we dance during that scene!" I can't think, though, of a TV theme song that moves me to dance.

I do deadly sushi! I hope that it is not just in our teenage years when we dance along to music (even if it is a tv theme) when no one is watching! Or sing into the hairbrush for that matter :)

Back
Top Bottom