Females

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
we can be so..... female!:LOL:

new eyeliner & love says, 'that's a great shade.'

because we are ladies, we can be offended.

'oh, so you're saying my previous was ucky.'

'i was complimenting you, honey. don't get angry.'

'it's not in what you said, it was your tone of voice.'

'i'm sorry, baby. i was-'

'nah, don't try to say you weren't saying i was fat! why don't you have another affair with jane at your office? you've cheated with 'er, huh?

(we glance away snobbishly.)

'i give up, i'm packing my stuff. i've had it with you.'

'well, if you weren't so d***** irrational!'

'I'M irational?' i say pretty make-up & you're saying 2 seconds later i'm with another woman?'

& so on......

Last edited:
Can definitely say that this is not a typical kind of conversation from this female.:rolleyes: Such drama. What ever happened to a simple "Thanks!" in reply to a compliment. :LOL:

:heart:
Z

Women read too deeply into things. I am a woman, but I have come to understand men well.

liketobake said:
I am a woman, but I have come to understand men well.

That's good, cuz there ain't no chance of the opposite to that happening!

(not specifically meaning you, but men understanding women. Oh, never mind, I'm probably in enough trouble for this already and I'm just digging a deeper grave . . . . er . . . . hole.) :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

That Is The Great Thing About The Opposite

How Boring Would Life Be If You Understood Everything?

I Am A Women And I Too Sometimes Read Too Much Into Something.
I Just Ask Myself Is This (whatever It Is) Worth This Much Thought Am I Being Silly Or Is There Really Something There? Most Of The Time I Realize I Am Justing Wasting My Brain Power On Something
Stupid. I Have Found In Doing This When There Really Is Something,
Since I Have Not Flipped On All The Stupid Stuff, The Opposite Will
Listen Now More Closely And Will Help Solve Whatever The Problem
Is.

Over The Years I Have Tried To Understand Men And It Always Was
Frustrating Cause I Never Could. I Got Some Good Advise It Was
Why Try To Understand Just Enjoy The Difference, Life Would
Be Really Boring To Me Without It, I Love The Difference Between
Men And Women. I Am A True Women Not A Women Thinking Because I Am A Women Life Is Not Fair. If Only Women Would Understand The Power They Have In Just Being A Women Like God Made Us, Not Trying To Change Men Only Takes Power Away, And In Do Trying To Change A Man Only Makes You Look Like A ____. Maybe Everyone
Should Try To Understand Themselves Instead Of Trying To Understand Why Someone Else Is Different?

Pretty Deep Thread

Where is that email about men telling women "Don't ask us if that dress makes your butt look big. Your BUTT makes your butt look big!"

And Big Dog, don't worry about being in trouble, you will have lots of company in the doghouse from brats like buckytom, GB and Ken.

HH wisely removed himself from commenting on these types of conversations years ago.

Nevertheless, the doghouse can be filled in a jiffy (bucky et al.)

Don't worry guys, we can't live with you sometimes, but we also can't shoot you without getting into a wee bit of trouble.

A delightfully bubbly woman, with a somewhat skewed sense of humor once asked me the riddle: How do you stop a man from drownding? Ans: Take your foot off the back of his head.

Now being a guy who is pretty confident, I didn't take offense. In fact, from this particular lady, I found the riddle amusing. After all, I poke gender-related harmless fun at my wife and girls, and this lady all the time (In my book, if you're gonna dish it, expect to have it thrown back). Of course I hit my boys with other things, like competitions where I only can be the winner, throwing ice-water over the shower curtain, etc.

Yup, I believe in a bit of foolishness every now and again. But I have to admit that for the first twenty-some years of my marriage, my wife could drive me nuts sometimes. She used to always ask me things like "Which shirt should I wear, or which pants look best. The problem wasn't in the asking. It was in her response. She always chose the clothes I had not chosen, every singe time. A couple of years back, I decided not to answer those questions anymore. And I have had a hard time, and am still having difficulty in explaining the concept that just because I may disagree with something she said, it doesn't mean I'm fighting, or trying to start a fight. I'm simply disagreeing.

Where men tend to try and be subjective (not that we always or even usually are), in my experience, most women I've known tend to let emotions rule their personality more so than men. On the other hand, women tend to be warmer, more sympathetic, and a whole bunch better to look at (from a man's point of view).

Ideally, a woman should compliment her husband and vice-versa. She should shore up my weaknesses with her strength, and I should fill in her weaknesses with my strengths. Instead of dwelling on each other's weaknesses and shortcommings, we need to understand our own strengths and weaknesses. Then, we can use our individual strengths to complete each other and make the family unit/marriage strong and healthy.

The problem is that in order to do that, we must be able to admit to our weaknesses and occasionaly swallow a bit of crow, and that can be difficult for some people. The sad part is that once you do it a couple of times, you find that admitting to mistakes is really very easy, and makes life so much more enjoyable.

Much of what are considered difference between men and women is simply myth. We both want to be loved, nurtured, to feel that someone thinks we are special, and to give of ourselves for someone else. We are the most happy when we place "self" on the back burner and our loved ones on the front burner, with a bunch of energy directed toward them.

When your loved ones really respect you, and love you for who you are, not for the perfect person you would like to be, but fall far short of, then you have done your job, and hopefully, for the good of your family. The great feeling of self-worth is just a happy side benefit of the process.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

goodgiver said:
Hubby has learned the 2 most important words in any marriage ( YES DEAR )

My boyfriend learned those a long time ago. Do you think that means there will be some wedding bells ringing in the future?

:lucky:

When I was younger I niavely believed that there was no real difference between men and woman; we were all human beings, so that made us alike. After 33 years of marriage I now know different.
Two people, same situation, two completely different perspectives on it. Who is right?

Alix said:
And Big Dog, don't worry about being in trouble, you will have lots of company in the doghouse from brats like buckytom, GB and Ken.
Don't worry Bigdog. This doghouse is nicer than my real house. Come on in. The keg is in the corner courtesy of Ronjohn. Don't trip on the Plasma TV on the way of there :LOL:

GB said:
Don't worry Bigdog. This doghouse is nicer than my real house. Come on in. The keg is in the corner courtesy of Ronjohn. Don't trip on the Plasma TV on the way of there :LOL:

Or the PS2 cords.

Back
Top Bottom