"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-30-2006, 08:12 PM   #11
Executive Chef

The next movie I plan on seeing is Dream Girls, starring Jamie Fox, Beyonce Knowls and Eddie murphy.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:12 PM   #12
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Borat was funny and bizarre on alot of different levels. Not really an "intellectual" film.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:48 PM   #13
Sous Chef

My boyfriend and I rent movies more than go to the movies. These are the ones we've seen recently:

Devil Wears Prada ~ very good
Rumor Has It ~ cute
Pulse ~ horrible
The Wicker Man ~ different but good
Lucky # Slevin ~ a little confusing but you have to watch the whole thing and it will make sense
Spirit Trap ~ ok, nothing great
Break Up ~ very cute, unexpected ending

Just some ideas if your looking for something to rent.

Happy New Year everyone!!!
Old 12-30-2006, 08:49 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
The next movie I plan on seeing is Dream Girls, starring Jamie Fox, Beyonce Knowls and Eddie murphy.
I would like to see that movie too. Looks like a good film to go see!
Old 12-30-2006, 10:53 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer021
I think the movie with Will Smith and his soon looks good. I hope we are able to go this weekend.
The Pursuit of Happiness is one of the best movies I've seen so far. It's a must see with your family. Take some tissues with you.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:12 PM   #16
Executive Chef

I'd like to see The pursuit of Happiness as well. There is also a thriller type movie that we might see that comes out on Jan 19 called the Hitcher, even though I'm not into horror too much, but it does look good. Definately not a family movie of course.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #17
Master Chef

I saw the Pursuit of Happyness last week and thought it was rather boring. Parts of it are really slow and it just did not seem to flow well. But my dad wanted to see it and so in the spirit of the holidays I gave in.

I really wanted to see Night at the Museum. A friend and I are going to see it when she gets back from Colorado, in a week or so, if it is still playing at the theaters.

What I really want to see when it comes out is one of the previews. It is called Wild Hogs and it has Tim Allen, John Travolta, Martin Lawrence and William H. Macy. They are middle aged wannabe bikers that hit the road on their bikes. It comes out in the theaters in March.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
I saw Eragon yesterday and I really enjoyed it, which is a bit surprising, as I am not much of a fan of this sort of "fantasy" materials. True, the story was not original, borrowed heavily from the Star Wars and LOTR sagas, but the dragon was wonderfully done, Jeremy Irons, one of my favourite actors never disappoints, and Robert Carlyle seemed like having a blast playing a hideous villain, a good change of pace from his usual reality roles. And the boy playing the title role was very likeable and put in some earnest work for being a new comer. All in all, I thought it was very charmingly made for a light hearted entertainment, but after all maybe I don't have a proper appreciation as I don't usually enjoy this type of films... I have been seeing some awful reviews about this film!!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Now I want to see the movie Sierra mentioned - sounds like Space Cowboys (rent it! - geezer astronauts James Garner, Clint Eastwood, Donald Sutherland, and Tommy Lee Jones on one last space mission) on bikes.

I've been waiting for Little Miss SS to come out in the rental place ever since I read the review months ago. Still awaiting rental by me.

Took daughter and nephews to Happy Feet over the holidays. Liked the animation and music but didn't see much of a plot or point. (well said, JDP!)Shoulda gone to The Night at the Museum.

Also took in The Good Shepherd over the holidays. OK, but not as wonderful as it looked to be in the trailers. Would it have killed Matt Damon to show a little more emotion? Don't tell me that was the whole point - I don't buy it. Joe Pesci was great in the single minor scene he appeared in.

The next Harry Potter comes out on July 13 in my neck of the woods.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:29 PM   #20
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to JDP
I've been waiting for Little Miss SS to come out in the rental place ever since I read the review months ago. Still awaiting rental by me.

Little Miss SS is very good. It's a little slower relationship comedy almost on the line of The Big Chill.

JDP