How Would You Like That Cooked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
luvs, the fries on the sammiches doesn't sound too bad. Actually it sounds pretty good.

I have always liked lays potato chips on hamburgers and bologna sandwiches.

I am so unpicky it is not funny. If it is the least bit edible I will eat it.

BTW, Mooing steak ROCKS!

tweedee said:
luvs, the fries on the sammiches doesn't sound too bad. Actually it sounds pretty good.

I have always liked lays potato chips on hamburgers and bologna sandwiches.

tweedee, they are really good. there's this place called primanti brother's in pittsburgh (and some other places, but htey started in the strip district of pgh.) and they put fries on sammiches. they're a big deal around here, really well-known and a really popular.
http://www.primantibros.com/

Barbara L said:
Do you, or anyone you know, have any odd requests when you order at a restaurant? If you work in a restaurant, what are some odd requests you have received? (We're talking food here, not any other odd requests you might have received! lol)

Whenever my aunt orders fried eggs in a restaurant, she says, "Cook them until they are as hard as a rock, and then cook them again."

As someone who will only eat a fried egg if the white is firm and the yolk is very runny, I can only say ewwwwwwww!

:) Barbara

Is your aunt related to my husband by any chance? :mrgreen: He's from England and always has to have his fried eggs cooked til crispy:sick: One time when I ordered some seafood in a restaurant, I think it was scallops, they were over cooked and rubbery. So when the waiter asked if everything was ok, I said NO:LOL: Normally I would just eat it and shut up about it, but this time I really didnt like it and sent it back. Then I wondered if they would do something bad to the dinner:huh:

I have an aunt the orders her steaks well done & then says she wants it to look like a piece of charcoal but edible. UGH!!!!:sick: I want my meat partialy Mooing at me.

My sister has a friend who always goes through the same routines.

Is the coffee fresh?

Yes

How long has it been sitting in the pot

Not long

I'll have a cup

This coffee's not fresh, can you make me a fresh pot?!

Then she'll turn to her husband and ask him how his meal is.

He says "Fine" and she'll say it looks overcooked.

He says, "No, it's fine"

Are you sure, it looks overdone.

After several rounds he agrees it overdone and gets to finish his meal in peace.

I don't go out to eat with them anymore.

amber said:
Is your aunt related to my husband by any chance? :mrgreen: He's from England and always has to have his fried eggs cooked til crispy:sick:
I think eating eggs the way my aunt likes them would be like eating those rubber ones you can buy dogs to chew on!
amber said:
One time when I ordered some seafood in a restaurant, I think it was scallops, they were over cooked and rubbery. So when the waiter asked if everything was ok, I said NO:LOL: Normally I would just eat it and shut up about it, but this time I really didnt like it and sent it back. Then I wondered if they would do something bad to the dinner:huh:
If something is really bad, I will say something about it. I don't get nasty about it (that's just not me!), and I've never had a problem. My husband will eat it however they bring it to him because he doesn't want to cause trouble. And he is worried they will spit in his food!. If they brought him liver instead of what he ordered, he might say something! Knowing him, he'd probably pay for it and not eat it, then go somewhere else to get something to eat!

:) Barbara

:blush: hmmmm....when I first tasted those Lay's dill chips, I thought how good they would be in a mayo/chip sandwich. maidrite, I don't think doritos/mustard is weird at all! :LOL:

My mother used to order a cheeseburger - hold the burger :ermm: Her meat had to be near shoe leather before she would eat it. One place actually said they couldn't do it - so when she got it she took her burger apart and handed the guy her pattie - she said - coulda' saved yourself some trouble not to mention money.

callie said:
:blush: hmmmm....when I first tasted those Lay's dill chips, I thought how good they would be in a mayo/chip sandwich. maidrite, I don't think doritos/mustard is weird at all! :LOL:
Never seen dill chips but, white bread, mayo, potato chips, top with another slice of white bread, squish it down, munch:LOL: Now my kids really ewwww over that one:ROFLMAO: I love it:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
kadesma, did I just admit to that?:angel:

kitchenelf said:
mmmm - and you're coming for Thanksgiving right? :-p
Wow Elf, Maderite just gave you an appy for Thanksgiving:LOL: .Doritos and mustard, place on silver tray with sprig of cilantro, serve at room temp:LOL:
kadesma

Alix said:
I am so unpicky it is not funny. If it is the least bit edible I will eat it.

BTW, Mooing steak ROCKS!

that's the only way alix.

a skiing buddy always orders our steaks rare at the wobbly barn at killington, vt. this way: "just knock the horns off, wipe it's butt, drag it into the kitchen and stamp me out a piece".

ewwwwwwwwww.
I'm not into beef sushi....

BTW, Buckytom, nice hairdo.

homer_marge.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom