LASIK? Who has tried it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karaokeking

Assistant Cook
Hi all, Im an aspiring student sailor and will soon be visiting a 1st Class Medical Certificate.

My concern is that I had a LASIK procedure done 4 months LINK REMOVED ago but still having problems with night vision(specificly, "starbursts" and soft "halos" around street lamps and headlights).My visual acuity is better than 2020

, but its the night vision issues that have'nt resolved themselves.

Would the examiner consider this a condition for a rejection? Could I still be granted an 1st class medical if its treatable?

I know that I should just wait for the examination but my nerves are wracked as my career plans/dreams are at stake.

Your replies are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on having it done when I have the money. I have read up on it and noticed that the halos and starbursts seem to be a pretty common side effect. I get that now anyway so I don't know if it would make it better for me or worse. If worse, then I'll probably never have it done.

In any case, I hope you find out the info you need and hope that your night vision gets better. I know what that feels like

i hope to hear from a few others that mey have had it done ..
i plan on getting it this year .. i hope ..

I haven't had good night vision for ten years.
It doesn't seem to bother me when I'm cooking though :huh:

Have you been back to your surgeon about this? I had Lasik 10 years ago. I had extreme astigmatism and it wasn't completely corrected the first time. One of the symptoms for me was the starburst lights at night. I ended up having a couple of revisions, including radial keratotomy to take care of it. Check with your surgeon to see if that's the problem. (BTW, the revisions were considered part of my Lasik and didn't cost anything more.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom