"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-22-2014, 11:22 AM   #21
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Now you're just being logical.
Yeah, every once in a while I screw up and get logical.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #22
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
One enterprising girl scout, Danielle Lei, set up her cookie stand outside a Medical Marijuana dispensary in San Francisco. She sold 117 boxes in less than two hours. Smart people, these Chinese.
Wouldn't it have made a better comment to just have said.."Smart little girl"?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:04 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Good job moderators and members for allowing the subject and the civility expressed.

I also am in agreement that cannabis is ones personal decision and should be left up to each individual.
As far as the smoke goes, that is correct. Smoke is bad for you. But people consume cannabis in other ways, thus making the smoking point less the obstacle.
However, those who do use regularly will tell you smoking is by far the very best method of delivery.

I am astonished to hear we in SC have at least two representatives looking at medical marijuana.
I also learned medical marijuana is already legal here in SC. Its only that the powers that be will not fund the program. It was made law in 1983, but it has never been addressed.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Wouldn't it have made a better comment to just have said.."Smart little girl"?
No, it wouldn't because smart people, these Chinese is a line from an old TV commercial, I think for Calgon.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:24 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

My mom suffered from chronic pain, exhaustion, Crohn's, and a number of other ailments for years. She also had no appetite, and due to the meds she was on, lost her sense of taste. If I could, I would have loved to see her try some form of MM. Unfortunately, she would have refused to take it if she knew what it was as to her, it was/is illegal. Considering the number of meds she was on, some of which were't very effective and caused a number of quality of life issues.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #26
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
My mom suffered from chronic pain, exhaustion, Crohn's, and a number of other ailments for years. She also had no appetite, and due to the meds she was on, lost her sense of taste. If I could, I would have loved to see her try some form of MM. Unfortunately, she would have refused to take it if she knew what it was as to her, it was/is illegal. Considering the number of meds she was on, some of which were't very effective and caused a number of quality of life issues.
Amen to that Dawg! My darling mother suffered and died in the 80's of ovarian cancer, after every possible treatment at the time. I begged her to let me get her some pot by any means necessary and she'd have none of it. When I think of how it could have relieved some of her suffering it still hurts me.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #27
Executive Chef

I understand its on the ballot in Florida, this fall.
Good luck Florida!
Old 02-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #28
Master Chef

The one thing I can't come to terms with is personal use of marijuana in a home with children, we live in a complicated world.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #29
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
The one thing I can't come to terms with is personal use of marijuana in a home with children, we live in a complicated world.
I agree Bea. I never hid alcohol from any of my children, yet I would have an issue with marijuana.
I guess its kinda like differing cultures.
In some European countries nudity is widely accepted , whereas in the US it is frowned upon.
I guess if our culture was different, maybe the subject would be easier to handle in regards to children.
I was never sheltered from alcohol growing up. So yes. Very good point. It would be every difficult.

Preconceived wrong information is a major reason we feel like we do. IMO.
"Just Say No" and the US "War on Drugs" have not set a good template for acceptance and it may require several generations to overcome these falsehoods we have been taught.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #30
Chief Eating Officer

I am all for MM. Yes smoking it is bad for your health to a degree as smoking anything is bad for you, but there are other ways to get the benefit from pot. You can vaporize it, you can eat it, you can turn it into a salve or a tincture. There are millions of people whose lives and the lives of those around them have become drastically better because of this plant. To keep it out of the hands of patients who need something that can help them the way pot does is what should be the criminal act IMO.