"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 12-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #11
Sous Chef
MK, I can't even begin to imagine the loss you are feeling. I lost my companion to similar circumstances months ago, and my life has not been the same since.

I know words are but a small consolation at a time like this, but you have my condolences. If there is anything I can do to help. or if you would just like to talk, please feel free to PM me...I share your grief.

Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and my prayers.

Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park!!!
smoke king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:01 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by MexicoKaren
We'll take the bag with the poison to our vet this morning to see if he can shed any light on it - the fish was covered in a fine white powder.
You may want to share the Vet's findings with the Police!

I'm so sorry to hear about this Miss Karen...It's so sad!

There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:01 AM   #13
Executive Chef
That's just sickening.

I hope the person that did this get's what they deserve.
Jeekinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 AM   #14
Chief Eating Officer
Karen, please just make sure you are very careful. If it was your drug dealing neighbors next door then going to the police could be dangerous. I am not saying you should not do that, but make sure you do it in the safest way possible. I know you would do that anyway, but I just had to say it. I would hate to see them take out their anger on you or your husband next.
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #15
Executive Chef
Oh Karen, I can't even imagine what this is like. Such a vicious and senseless act. I am so, so sorry for you and your hubby. And it can't make y'all feel very secure knowing it was likely your next-door neighbors! I hope the authorities can give you some assistance without putting you in danger. I'm not sure if Mexico has very strong animal cruelty laws or not but perhaps the police can do something about this horrible act. Please know that you have the heartfelt sympathies of everyone here.
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:32 AM   #16
Head Chef
GB, your comments are taken to heart. We have not made a decision regarding consulting the police, and will seek the advice of other Mexican friends before we do anything. The turnaround that our neighbors have experienced is a great disappointment to us - they have always been a nice young family who included us in their family celebrations. Dagwood and Blondie came to us as puppies from the same neighbor and he has always (until lately) come by to visit with them daily. It is curious that he has not been over to ask what happened to them. Perhaps he knows...we will proceed cautiously. Your advice is right on. Thanks.
Saludos, Karen
MexicoKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I am so sorry.... the thought that people can be so mean just makes me sick.

GB is right be careful.
The drug problem in Mexico is getting worse daily... ya don't want to be involved.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #18
Sous Chef
Karen... I am so terribly sorry to hear this. My dogs are like my kids as well so I can imagine how devastated you are. I sometimes worry about leaving my dogs in the yard for similar reasons. My neighborhood has a decent amount of "traffic" and my dogs can be quite barky While I like the fact that they are alert to activity on the street I do worry that they may upset the wrong people.. I too would use caution in prosecuting when drugs are involved people can be quite ruthless. Again I am truly saddened for you.
PanchoHambre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #19
Master Chef

Oh how unspeakably horrible!!

I am soooooo sorry .........
Less is not more. More is more and more is fabulous.
jennyema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:07 AM   #20
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
That's horrifying. Karen, I'm so sorry.

I'm sending you lots of hugs, and will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Wine is the food that completes the meal.
ChefJune is offline   Reply With Quote