Miss me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So GB was just joking when he said he finally managed to get you fired? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Yes, James and I both missed you!

:)Barbara

I wasn't going to bore you all with where I was, but since some have asked here is the short version.

Kate's (Bugs) ball team was pretty darned good this year and won gold in the Provincial tournament which at this level means you can attend the Western finals. Since the Westerns was held in Vancouver this meant some extra fundraising for the team. Its pretty costly to travel with that many kids. So...first of all I was running like a nutcase getting organized to GO to Westerns, then I was away in Vancouver with the kids. The ended up in fourth place overall which is pretty amazing. They really didn't bring their A game for the first two games and got pounded. (And Kate got hurt again!) Then the next couple of days they really pulled up their socks and ended up beating the team that was undefeated all year long! This got them into the finals and they played hard but just couldn't quite pull off a final win to be in third. Not altogether a bad thing since our province wouldn't allow the girls to play at the National level (which would be expected if we got a medal). After all that, I got home long enough to do some laundry, repack and take off for a holiday with my sister and her daughters in Panorama. We did a lot of tubing on the lake, and eating, goofing around and generally having a great time. Now I'm back to my regular routine and just trying to get this place back in order. LOL.

And Kate is fine. She was wearing her ankle brace and as she was running the bases she sort of slipped on the weird surface (its not what we usually play on) and went over on it again. The brace kept her ankle stable and from being reinjured, but all that force had to go somewhere, so it went up to her knee. Its not a serious injury but it meant she was done for the tournament. Sucks, but thats life.

That's great news Alix! I know you're a very proud mom and glad to hear you got to enjoy some time relaxing. Way to go Kate!

Back
Top Bottom