Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounds like Smokey is thriving! It also sounds like she is bringing joy to her new family. Wonderful all of the way around. So glad you were given a break on the vet bill. :)

Here they are the new Rat Pack. He just got caught stealing from the treat box.:ermm: "Wot me?"

Butters and Smokey.
Smokey is becoming a fast learner.:cool:
See nothing, say nothing, do nothing.

butters.jpg

smokey.jpg

Thank you all for your help.:flowers:
As you can see she Smokey is still pretty small.
Can't bunk with mom yet. Butters is a bed hog anyways :rolleyes:
On the phone now (on hold) with Trupanion to have her added to our pet insurance.
We had just adopted Butters when a freak accident happened and he fractured his leg.That $10.000.00 vet bill hurt...Alot!
Not sure how insurance is going to work with her.
She's only had one round of vaccines. Next week will be the second and chipped.
My son had a name tag engraved with her name and my contact info.
She thinks it's really cool. We kept losing her in the house her collar now has a bell on it.
All in all Happy kitten, Happy puppies.:wub:
Munky.

Our doggies provided us with a little middle-of-the-night entertainment a few nights ago.

We'd been asleep for quite a while when we heard lots of commotion, barking and knocking around.

Glenn got up and opened our bedroom door that opens to the back porch and discovered our two pooches having at it with a skunk they'd cornered between their dog houses.

Nothing like about 250 pounds of dogs against a skunk. Sure was beginnin' to smell good out there, too.

He just shut the door and came back to bed.

In the morning there was a very, very dead skunk in the yard off the edge of the porch.

Doggies 1, skunk 0!

How have you been?
Is my Canadian cat misbehavin'?
Good girl:LOL:
I am good.

Your Canadian cat behaves for the most part but loves to steal anybody's seat and will just move from one to another if this is kicked out. The bed is hers as well. Oh, and my wool supply is another favourite place!

Attachments

• MonkeyInTheBox.jpg
    MonkeyInTheBox.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 65
Latte...22.5 years and still hanging in there. Buttercup (dog) 2.25 years...she makes me crazy and thinks she's a cat! Hazel 2.25 years...my cuddle bug, he never leaves my side. Hermione 2.25 years...she has learned how to open the screen door and turn the bedside light on/off, too smart for her own good, but those eyes!!!

They are my reasons for getting up in the morning...mostly because they can tell time and will nag me to get up and feed them.

I can totally relate, PF.

Monkey (7.5-year-old cat) comes in about 5 or 6 am and lays on the bed as close as she can get to my face. She sits there in the "loaf" position and stares into my shut eyes. When I open them she just stares. I don't want her waking me until 8:00 (I have insomnia and usually am awake until 3 am). So I squirt her with a small water pistol and roll over. Around 7:45 she comes and lays beside me on the other side where there isn't a lot of room. We have two adults, a 50-pound dog and a small cat who can take up a lot of room in a queen-sized bed. By this time I relent and a) let her on the balcony to get her grass and look around and b) feed her.

Miley (3-year-old dog rescued from Mexico) on the other hand waits patiently for me to sing "You Are My Sunshine" to her, which signals the day is beginning. She goes for her first walk with TB and I have breakfast waiting for both of them!

Back
Top Bottom