Prayers Needed For Dave Hutchins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear about what you are going through. I said a prayer for you today. I hope you get better soon and we see you back on the boards soon.

Well Dave I KNOW your day must have beat mine...with all the room service, cute nurses giving sponge baths (not that that sounds apealing to me though...:wacko:), laying all propped up with pillows watching TV!
My day....now let me tell you how my day was! It was a blistering 5 degrees and with the pile up of snow we got yesterday I knew I should shovel the walk and driveway while it was at least clear skies. Well I also knew that I would only be able to do a little at a time because I had my two year old daughter standing at the front window watching me. Well I hadn't even been shoveling 5 minutes when I noticed my little one gone from the window so I of course went to check on her.....when lo and behold I realize that the little monkey locked me out!! Then I hear her on the other side of the door saying HI momma! Well I KNOW she knows how to unlock it as well so I begin telling her to please open it...all I hear her say is "OK!!".
Then nothing.....we did this for about 10 minutes and meanwhile I am freezing my keester off! I know its the simplest turn of the knob for her....I have seen her do it time and time again! But no not this time...this time she wants momma to help her open it! :huh:
I see that I'm getting no where with her and she is just watching me from the window and jiggling the door knob! So I go to three of my closest neighbors that are ALWAYS home....nope not this time! Now at this point my face is freezing and....uh well...dripping!
Finally I see a neighbor a few houses up pulling into his drive!
After he talks to her a couple mins and I warm up in his car, I finally say ok time to call the police! The second I call 911 she decides to open the door (45 minutes after the fact!) I quickly apologized to the operator and rushed inside....she is so proud of herself that she "helped" momma! :ROFLMAO::LOL: Gotta love her!

Hope that brought you a little chuckle :) Now that I am curled up warm on the couch and learned a very valuable lesson....I can now allow myself to laugh at the ordeal!:);)

Have a good night's rest Dave! Hope to see you back soon!

Hi Dave. I'm a friend you haven't met yet. You are obviously quite a fellow to have so many friends that care about you so much. Please get well---you are so needed around here. Hang tough and feel all the love and good wishes that surround and support you.

Dave, you Ukrainians are made of tuff stuff........you hang in there.........I still don't have all of your recipes yet..........I'm waving your flag..........we've seen it enough times to know where you come from.......we love you........please........:)

I just spoke to Dave and he is improving! His pneumonia is resolving, no further seizures, and he says he's having no pain right now. He said it feels wonderful to be able to take a full breath now. And he sounded soooo much stronger that day before yesterday.

I couldn't find him yesterday! I kept calling his room, but got no answer. When I still couldn't reach him this morning, I finally called the hospital operator. Thankfully, she took pity on me, even though apparently we DC people don't qualify as relatives, and told me he had been transferred to yet another room and gave me the number.

He is hoping to be released tomorrow but isn't sure the docs will go along with it. His bone marrow disease is still grave. But he sounds almost like his old self!

I wanted to tell everyone that when I told him how many posts were here at DC, offering prayers and healing vibes and funny stories and the best of wishes, he was overwhelmed. He wanted me to tell you all how much this means to him and he credits all your prayers for pulling him through. Really. (Aw heck, I'm gettin' all teary eyed again - y'all are the best!)

Well if he is coming out soon, maybe I should send the card to his home address? And can anyone call him or only people pre-approved?

Back
Top Bottom