Rachael Rays new talk show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what we need is the food network rerun channel...Tylers Ultimate, Donna Dooher's Cookworks, Calling all cooks, Melting Pot, Essence of Emeril (without the hype) Molto Mario, Sara's secrets, etc...even vintage Martha! Still like laid back Ina and Michael.

I've watched 3 partial episodes now. I don't know......I can't decide. I don't dislike it or really like it. I think its going to have to grow on me. I'll keep checking it out off and on though.

Yep Sizzlin I'm sort of on the fence about her show. I wouldnt make it a point to catch it on a regular basis. I did watch it today and was really put off by something she did. There was discussion about funny pet stories and RR asked if anyone wanted to share a story. One woman from the audience stood up, told her story, and apparently expected some feed back from RR, but instead RR said to her " ok you can sit down now, you told your story, do you want a medal?" How embarrassing and humiliating for that poor woman. This was not meant to bash RR, just my observation on the show today. I agree with you Middie, I dont see it staying on too long either.

Keep in mind that RR has been in a show format in which she has been the only one talking (30 Minute Meals & $40 a Day) and so she has gotten in the groove of filling all of the time with talking. She is not accustomed to sharing the dialog with others and I think she will get into a rythm of her new show eventually. I hope they (they syndication company, i.e., Oprah) gives her a chance to settle into what is a new format for her.

Robo410 - I couldn't agree with you more!!! I SO much miss the "old" Food Network, when they were first starting. They showed old Julia Child "The French Chef", Graham Kerr "The Galloping Gourmet", & the newer but still fun to watch "Two Fat Ladies". Once they stopped showing those golden oldies, & then started changing the formats of the new popular shows (to include audiences) I understand they lost quite a few regular viewers.

While I used to watch Paula Deen occasionally, & always watched Mario Battali, & Essence of Emeril when they were one-on-one shows with the TV viewer, now that they all MUST have their studio audiences, I rarely watch Food Network anymore except for Alton Brown & occasional specials.

SizzlininIN said:
I've watched 3 partial episodes now. I don't know......I can't decide. I don't dislike it or really like it. I think its going to have to grow on me. I'll keep checking it out off and on though.

I agree Sizz.. :ermm: I do get the show in Northern California. I pull it in from Redding..about 3 hours North.
Dove

I haven't seen Rachael's show on the network. I will watch it at least once so I can comment on it with some 'authority'.

I love and watch the PBS shows..Natalie Dupree is still my idea of a Southern hostess but I do enjoy Ms Deen's recipes. But no one can compare to Julia and Jacques' meals. :)

Back
Top Bottom