The Crafting Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would sooo buy that!!
Great work! Is that just a hobby or do you do it professionally?

That's good to know. Something I can fall back on if I ever needed to. lol I just do it as a hobby.

It's gorgeous, Jeekinz. I'd love to know how your started doing woodwork. Did your dad teach you?

My Pops was into it as a hobby. He passed in '97 and left me his tools which was the foundation to the shop I have now in my basement. We would watch Norm and all those shows on Sundays then play around in the shop. lol

I picked up alot of info by watching shows or reading books. "Jack of all trades, master of none" kinda thing.

There's a really cool project I'm in the middle of now. My Father started it but never got to finish it. It's pretty insane, but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet. I plan on finishing it this Fall/Winter. You're gonna be like ---> :huh: when you see it. lmao

Oh I remember those I thought they were adorable!! Do you sell them Barbara?
They weren't doing too well on ebay (nothing much was selling then, plus too much goes into them to let them go too cheap) but yes I have sold a few. They are so comfortable! I have thought about making James a blue one and using Chicago Cubs fabric for the ears. My best friend's boys love theirs.

I love your table Jeekinz!

:)Barbara

Here's a few of my cross-stitch.
The Santa lives in a frame and comes out after Thanksgiving.
No plac e like home has been in a box waiting for a home over 2 years. Just needs a board and a frame.
The Love one is for my MIL... hopefully by Christams. Just gotta finiish backstitching.
Jordan is for my niece.... but I made it when she was 6... now she's 14.... not sure she wants bunnies anymore!
Yes, I have craft A.D.D. :wacko:
Theres a THomas Kinkade village somewhere 1/2 done.... I better not have lost it that one's HARD!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2754.jpg
    IMG_2754.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 163
Thanks guys.

Jeekins, DH keeps "meaning" to get into woodwork.... he had a subscription to "Wood" mag for 5 years before he figured out he hadn't made anything yet....

When I'm ready to start buying suprise woodworking tools I'm coming after you!!!!

My Dad also did alot, when he had energy.... made a table out of a civil war era hatch cover from some ship... really cool table, I'll get a pic sometime.

LOL...

Wood Magazine has some great weekend projects and alot of those plans are geared to novices.

I'd love to see that table.

Your table is lovely, Jeekins. I sooo miss seeing Buck's woodworking projects and treasure the many he made over the years.

In Buck's words, though, "What's the table the rest of the time...when it's not occasional?" He always said that when someone said they had an occasional table.

For many years Buck subscribed to Fine Woodworking, which is an awesome publication. I loved thumbing through the pages and marking things I wanted him to build.

Your table is lovely, Jeekins. I sooo miss seeing Buck's woodworking projects and treasure the many he made over the years.

In Buck's words, though, "What's the table the rest of the time...when it's not occasional?" He always said that when someone said they had an occasional table.

For many years Buck subscribed to Fine Woodworking, which is an awesome publication. I loved thumbing through the pages and marking things I wanted him to build.

Me too Katie.

I thought the same thing about the "occasional" thing. What, do you put it away or something? lol End table seems more like bedroom. I guess. :wacko:

Fine Woodworking & Homebuilding are excellent magazines. In fact, the project I'm working on (the super, ultra secret one) is from that magazine.

Ha! Aren't those the ones someone thought was a real pig? rotf :LOL:

Jeekins, are you insulting my cakes? :LOL:

This is the second last wedding cake I did and I am not sure if I posted it before. It looks sloppy on the picture, but in real life the icing not being smooth was intentional and looked pretty good.

Attachments

• HeartCake1.jpg
    HeartCake1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 227
proud of myself. finally got my great granddaughter's drum stool covered. it look very cute, sorta wild pink and yellow flowers on red back ground. don't know why i kept putting it off. only took about an hour.

The bride bought that topper but her aunt wanted her to use the crystal one because it had been handed down through the family so I incorporated both!
I love how you did that. It kind of symbolizes that the bride and groom are just starting out and will make the journey forward (or up) together.

Suzi, I love your cross-stitch. I haven't done cross-stitch in a while, but I enjoy doing it too.

:)Barbara

Thank you Barbara...
Today I'll round up some of my knit stuff for show and tell... mostly little girl sweaters. :)
I'm realizing posting all this stuff that I get alot more crafting done than I think I do!!!! And I still wanna do MORE MORE MORE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom