DID YOU KNOW...
THE ORIGIN OF LEAP YEAR
Pope Gregory XIII devised the 365-day calendar in 1582, based on how long it takes Earth to orbit the Sun. But it actually takes closer to 365.25 days. So the pope’s people added an extra day of the year every fourth February to compensate for the discrepancy. Want to be even more accurate? Earth circles the Sun in exactly 365.242199 days. To make up for that discrepancy, Leap Year is skipped every three out of four century years not divisible by 400 . . . so 2000 was a leap year, but 1900, 1800, and 1700 weren’t.
1. When Coretta Scott King said, "It's the most positive portrayal of Black Family life that's ever been broadcast", to what series was she referring ?
2. How many flavors of ice cream were originally offered at Howard Johnson's restaurants ?
3. Fill in the blank; "Andrew Lloyd Webber's Starlight Express, which ran on Broadway for 761 performances in the late 80's, was performed entirely on ______ ______ .
4. What British rock band, formed in the 70's, was named for a despicable blackmailer in Charles dickens' David Copperfield ?
5. Which of the fifty calls itself the "Old Dominion State" ?
6. What verdant food product spewed forth during Regan's (Linda Blair) famous vomiting scene in 1973's The Exorcist ?
7. Under what name did rock vocalist Gordon Sumner achieve stardom ?
8. Which Saturday Night Live cast member played a recurring nerdy character named Ed Grimley ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Tabasco is a state in Mexico, population just under 2 million.
1. THE COSBY SHOW
3. roller skates
4. URIAH HEEP
6. PEA SOUP
8. MARTIN SHORT
There's a municipality named "Tequila, as well !
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !