Unexpected Pleasures!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkitty

Executive Chef
I thought this might be a good thread here, we play it on another forum.

So, what was your unexpected pleasure today??!

Mine.......9 hours sleep last night!!!!!!! :):)

My son came over Thrusday to mow my lawn for me ... and my grandson (just turned 3) sat here with me watching a baseball game, we worked on counting to 4 on one hand and 3 on the other (balls and strikes), and trying to figure out what animals his animal crackers were.

My son, who lives in Austin, a little over 3 hours from here, made an unexpected trip to Houston. We're going to meet later for a late lunch.

My wedding album fits in our small carry-on rolly suitcase! This is a very good thing because I can't pack the album, it has to ride in the cabin with me. Yay!

It's GOING to be - getting together with friends tonight and making a picnic of ceveche and hummus and listening to some swing music downtown under the stars. I guess that's not unexpected though :neutral:

So far, my unexpected pleasure was breakfast sitting outside in the warm sunshine!

seeing an Indigo Bunting (bird) at the feeder was an unexpected pleasure. I thought they had left already.

We're looking for a new car... and it turns out my boss has one she wants to sell, which sounds just about ideal. We're having it for a week to try it out - here's hoping the mechanic gives it the A-OK :)

Today: the sun is shining, no clouds, 70 degrees. Also DH took me to lunch!
Yesterday: Sun for awhile, saw a scarlet tanager on my oak tree!
Tomorrow: DH home for the holiday, chicken wings on the menu.

Sold an old handwriting analysis dial wheel chart for $205 more than I paid for it. :)
Oh, also got the kayaks out on the river for 10 miles. :) :):)

The boy just came home from the corner store with a brownie for me! It was so good but now I feel bad cause I've been trying to stay off sugar!

Back
Top Bottom