"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire

that's offensive to canadians!

(i have to start turning my phone the other way so i can read a post as a whole statement, lol)

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire

Yeah, OK...

Old 02-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #53
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Nope, it's not only you. I find that a pretty amazing feat as well.

I found the postal service to actually be faster and more reliable this holiday season than UPS, believe it or not.
When I have to pay for shipping, I wish the company would give us the option of how we want it shipped. I would pick the USPS every time. At least they deliver on Saturdays and are cheaper than UPS. Also more reliable. I have had UPS lose a couple of packages over the years.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #54
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
is it only me that thinks it's pretty incredible to put a few pages in an envelope, scribble someone's name and roughly approximate address on it, and it'll travel thousands of miles to get to that person's house within a week or two for about the cost of about a cup of water?
I find it even more incredible that I can type out an email, enter multiple recipients, hit send, and within a few seconds people have that message sitting in their inbox.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
When I have to pay for shipping, I wish the company would give us the option of how we want it shipped. I would pick the USPS every time. At least they deliver on Saturdays and are cheaper than UPS. Also more reliable. I have had UPS lose a couple of packages over the years.
And they run like the clock!
I would love to have the shipping option from everybody I do business with. Some places I do and I always request USPS, even though I get rural delivery and he isn't really equipped to handle large packages, at least I know what time it will be arriving.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #56
Chef Extraordinaire

Because our driveway will be cleared tomorrow, we will be one of the few that will receive a mail delivery.

It has been determined that if it is considered unsafe for a mailman to deliver your mail, dangerous and unrestrained dog, icy or slippery steps, unshoveled sidewalk, etc, he doesn't have to stop at your residence. If you call to complain about not reciving any mail, you will be informed in a very nice voice and will be given the option of going to the post office to pick up your mail. You as a citizen do not have the right to place mail delivery personnel in danger or harms way. A hard lesson a lot of folks had to learn. Also in Boston, you are required to shovel your walkway and steps within so many hours after a snowfall. You are required to provide a pathway from the street to your steps for the mailperson. They should not have to climb over snowbanks.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #57
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
that's offensive to canadians!

(i have to start turning my phone the other way so i can read a post as a whole statement, lol)
bt, I know what the first line of your signature translates to, but what does the second one say? I know it is not Veni Jesu, amor mi.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #58
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I find it even more incredible that I can type out an email, enter multiple recipients, hit send, and within a few seconds people have that message sitting in their inbox.
But it is not as personable as a hand written note. That tells me that the sender cares.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #59
Chef Extraordinaire

steve, you can email me a picture of a bottle of your wine, but i'll never know how it tastes. but if you if you mailed me a bottle...

addie, it's irish for "our day will be with us", a slogan for a free irish state. i added it when "downtown abbey" got under my skin one night.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #60
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Yeah, OK...
lol, no, really. i'm reading "half cocked", to use a gun metaphor, when reading posts in parts.