What kind of music do you listen to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Eats Cheese

Senior Cook
I grew up liking my parents music good ole country like Glen Campbell, John Denver, Slim Whittman and Dolly Partin among others. Also heavily influenced by southern gospel music like John Starnes Johnny Cash, Jimmy Swsggart... All of that changed when I discovered Heavy Metal. My brother turned me on to bands like AC//DC Black Sabbath/ Ozzy, Mötley Crüe, among endless others. I eventually made the transition to Christian Metal. Some of my favorites include Stryper (obvious choice) Whitecross, Ultimatum and Mass among an endless list of others. I post quite regularly at christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com. Another point of interest there are a lot of interesting culinary books emerging from the metal community namely Morbid Chef and For Those About To Cook We salute you! Looking forward to hearing about everyone's musical tastes

Last edited:
Heavy Metal when working out
Classic Rock when Driving
60-70's when relaxing
Classical when I need some creative inspiration

I also like some Dub and Techno stuff

Classical Guitar after waking
Mixed Country Music during the day
Classic Rock in the evenings
String Quartets prior to sleep while reading

Sometimes I mix that up, but that's pretty much my everyday music.

Almost anything. Love classic and hard rock, blues, old country, show tunes, folk music, Latin.

Nice vid, Pac!

Last edited:
i have yet to hear a type of music that i don't like. that's not to say that i like every song; quite the contrary. but i've found that i like at least a few tunes in every imaginable genre.

i've recently gotten away from listening to classical music, but my dad handed me a stack of classical cds that i'm going to start ingesting soon.

Country or classic rock

Note: Iron Maiden is NOT classic rock, and will never be classic rock, even if Ozzie Osborne dies in a plane crash or overdoses and chokes to death in a cheap motel room!

Note: Iron Maiden is NOT classic rock, and will never be classic rock, even if Ozzie Osborne dies in a plane crash or overdoses and chokes to death in a cheap motel room!

What does Ozzy have to do with Maiden?? and, to be fair to Oz, I am preeeeeetysure his OD'ing days are over, as are his stays in a cheap hotel, lol.

Sheesh... so much music to choose from.

I gravitate in a big way to jazz and jazz fusion. And jazz vocalists. But I can't resist latin jazz as well.

Also like serious guitar stuff, in particular Jeff Beck, my favorite player in the world (seeing him concert this Friday).

At the other end of the spectrum is Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, among others.

And, weirdly, AC/DC.

Cant' resist traditional Parisian stuff either.

Throw in some classical, especially Vivaldi.

I am sort of all over the map.

Last edited:
I like most music. It would be easier to point out, while it's playing, what I don't like.

I love all music, jazz, classical, soft rock, classic rock, reggae, easy listening, show tunes, you name it, it does however need to suit the time and place.

Like Bucky, there is no type of music I have experienced that I have not found something to like. I love Rock, blues, soul, funk, classical, rap, country, world, jam, jazz, folk, bluegrass, newgrass, and just about anything else you can throw at me.

Back
Top Bottom