"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-28-2014, 01:16 PM   #6381
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I forgot to mention that when we went to see Unbroken yesterday, The Interview was showing at our little "one horse town" theater. Since it's only been released to 300 theaters nation wide, I guess we're famous now.
There wasn't a line for tickets but we may have been there at the wrong time. Does anyone want to see it?
I have no interest in seeing "The Interview", but as a matter of principle, if I wanted to see it, now I can.

Old 12-28-2014, 01:47 PM   #6382
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have no interest in seeing "The Interview", but as a matter of principle, if I wanted to see it, now I can.
+1

Turner Movie Classics was showing "I'll Be Seeing You" made around the time I was born. I'd never seen it but always have loved the song. I liked the movie a lot, in the nostalgic old movie kind of way. Nice at Christmas time.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:09 PM   #6383
Master Chef

I must be on a roll.

Just got back from seeing Wild with Reese Witherspoon. Excellent book, and an equally excellent movie.

Directed by Jean-Marc Vallée, Screenplay By Nick Hornby | Wild | Fox Searchlight

Old 12-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #6384
Master Chef

Quote:
I must be on a roll.

Just got back from seeing Wild with Reese Witherspoon. Excellent book, and an equally excellent movie.

Directed by Jean-Marc Vallée, Screenplay By Nick Hornby | Wild | Fox Searchlight
I liked 'Wild' overall but I thought the film did not quite capture the sense of the distance she trekked. I really didn't get the feeling she was hiking.

But I really enjoyed watching "The Way" on Netflix. Another backpacking film, Martin Sheen treks across Spain in this wonderful film and I really felt the sense of distance traveled and the purpose behind it.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #6385
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I liked 'Wild' overall but I thought the film did not quite capture the sense of the distance she trekked. I really didn't get the feeling she was hiking.

But I really enjoyed watching "The Way" on Netflix. Another backpacking film, Martin Sheen treks across Spain in this wonderful film and I really felt the sense of distance traveled and the purpose behind it.
Ahh yes, The Way is a remarkble film!

Old 12-28-2014, 08:40 PM   #6386
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
I just finished watching "The Hundred Foot Journey". Oh.My.Gosh. What a fantastic film! The foodie scenes , the beautiful scenery of the French countryside, the love and devotion of family.....I can't say much more because I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet.

I can add that the bonus features were fun to watch. Most of the actors in the movie stayed in the same hotel, except for "Papa". He rented an apartment with access to a real kitchen, so he could have the other cast members over and cook for them.
We just watched that today, what a fantastic movie!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:08 PM   #6387
Master Chef

RoadFix, I'm curious, are you or someone in your family a member of the SAG? I have a friend who's son in law is a member and they can watch the current movies not yet released to the public together as a family. Very cool.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:31 PM   #6388
Master Chef

Quote:
RoadFix, I'm curious, are you or someone in your family a member of the SAG? I have a friend who's son in law is a member and they can watch the current movies not yet released to the public together as a family. Very cool.
A close family friend works for a writer and she brings us the screeners. They usually become available in November and are sent to members of the academy.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:57 AM   #6389
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post

thanks for the recommend of 'the way', roadfix and kayelle. i'm up in the middle of the night, watching it now. 'if it ain't dutch, it ain't much'....
Old 12-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #6390
Master Chef

Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
I just finished watching "The Hundred Foot Journey". Oh.My.Gosh. What a fantastic film! The foodie scenes , the beautiful scenery of the French countryside, the love and devotion of family.....I can't say much more because I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet.

I can add that the bonus features were fun to watch. Most of the actors in the movie stayed in the same hotel, except for "Papa". He rented an apartment with access to a real kitchen, so he could have the other cast members over and cook for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
We just watched that today, what a fantastic movie!

Yes, indeed, beautiful picture, I only wish, they had it in SmeloVision, so we could smell all the beautiful dishes they were preparing.