"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-30-2006, 03:05 PM   #31
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjohn55
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...
(OK, name THAT movie!)

No snow on the ground here yet, but we have had some snow already (although it's warmed up a bit today...)

John
Princess Bride!!

What does "warmed up a bit" mean? Please don't tell me freaking 75!

Old 10-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #32
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Princess Bride!!

What does "warmed up a bit" mean? Please don't tell me freaking 75!
Nope, no more 75 degree days here! I think we were supposed to hit the mid 50s today for a high, but it's been cold and rainy here for the last 4 or 5 days.

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #33
Everymom

Rain in October is just sick and wrong. Snow sucks, but rain is just NASTY.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We had our first frost last night. The poor chickens were mighty thirsty this morning because their water froze during the night.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #35
Hospitality Queen

poor chickies!!!

Ronjohn, "chilly" evenings means it hits in the high 40s overnight. I consider that chilly, but not cold.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:29 PM   #36
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
OK, for all you snow lovers out there. Here is what I woke up to this morning. Guess winter is here for good now. I was sort of hoping it would hold off until after Halloween.

You can't complain. You live further North than even I do in SSM, MI. You live in The Great White North! Just ask Getty Lee.

I love winter. I just wish all the neighborhood kids weren't grown up so I'd have someone to help me make a monster snowman, and a snow fort worthy of proper snowball fights.

And boy do I miss those teen years riding my 1968 Polaris Mustang with the 389 JLO engine (I think it was 389 CC's )

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:33 PM   #37
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath
I love winter. I love to be freezing cold. I detest anything over 65 degrees. I don't care for the beach. I like pine trees. What the heck am I doing in SoCal??
Me too! How come my wife isn't like that? She's a El Cajon, Ca. girl, just about 30 miles East of San Diego. She hates the cold and loves temperatures that melt me.

If the temperature gets much above 75 Fareheight, I start feeling very hot. If it's above 68 in the house, I start sweating. I'm good between 5' to 68'. Below 5' F., I start to feel the cold.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:51 PM   #38
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
You can't complain. You live further North than even I do in SSM, MI. You live in The Great White North! Just ask Getty Lee.
Um...respectfully Goodweed, complaining about the snow and assorted other crappy weather is one of the things we Canadians do best.

I have to take a picture of our back yard. Its covered in snow with green leaves falling all over the snow. Now thats something you don't see everyday.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:54 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Alix, I guess you don't want to know that it got up to 76° F. today. But tomorrow it will only be 64 (running away now)

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:55 PM   #40
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
Alix, I guess you don't want to know that it got up to 76° F. today. But tomorrow it will only be 64 (running away now)
Where's my rolling pin????