ISO Cheesecake Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RMS

Sous Chef
I'm looking for a good cheesecake recipe and some tips on how to bake it. I've never made one before. I like 'em real creamy.
Thanks for any help.

I found this in the search
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/search.php?searchid=109583

I have one that has no eggs, I don't like the eggs, personally, so, it's a no bake recipe.

mix 2- 8oz. cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 can sweetened condensed milk {think it's 14oz} 1 tbls lime juice. fold in 2 cups of cool whip.
pour into graham cracker crust {may be two, depends on how big you make yours} Pour cherry, or any type of pie filling you desire. Can garnish with remaining cool whip. Refirgerate over night or at least 5 hours.

Your welcome!!
You can search all of DC with the search button at the top of the page where it shows new posts, calendar, etc.. or you can post within a specific forum. Click on desserts and when the list comes up, there on the right beside the forum name is "search in this forum". that way you narrow your search.

texasgirl said:

I have one that has no eggs, I don't like the eggs, personally, so, it's a no bake recipe.

mix 2- 8oz. cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 can sweetened condensed milk {think it's 14oz} 1 tbls lime juice. fold in 2 cups of cool whip.
pour into graham cracker crust {may be two, depends on how big you make yours} Pour cherry, or any type of pie filling you desire. Can garnish with remaining cool whip. Refirgerate over night or at least 5 hours.

This no-bake recipe sounds quick and easy --> and has everything I love! Cherries, whipped cream, cream cheese...haha I'm making this on Saturday, no doubt :). Thanks!

texasgirl said:

This looks awesome! I can't wait to make this come Saturday(Dec 3). It has everything I love, and is no bake! Couldn't ask for more...mrrhrmrhrmmm. Thanks!

edit: Whoops, double post :(. I thought the first one was lost, so I retyped my thoughts hahah.

Last edited:
This is my favourite cheesecake recipe...

400g/14oz. ricotta
350g/12oz. mascarpone
300g/10,5 oz sugar
3 eggs
juice of half lemon
a few drops of vanilla essence
50g of flour
(optional) 60g of ground pistacchio, or 50ml of Irish Creme whisky
some butter and bread crumbs for the form

beat cheeses and sugar together until smooth. add 1 egg at a time, each time blending well. Add the rest of the ingredients, blend together until they are all smooth.
Pour in a form lightly buttered and dusted evenly with breadcrumbs, bake for 45minutes - 1 hour, or until the surface is golden brown. Turn off the oven, but leave the cake inside without opening it, let it sit for 2 hours.

Try this recipe. It is quick so you will be able to do it and serve it in no time.

Use whatever base you normally use...graham crumbs or shortbread base.

Filling:

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk NOT EVAPORATED MILK!
3 eggs
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add condensed milk, beat until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, then the lemon juice. Mix well and pour into your pan.

Bake at 300 for 50 to 55 minutes or until set.

Top with sour cream and bake for 5 more minutes.

Cool and serve with your favourite topping.

If you want New York style then Increase the cream cheese to 4 packages and the eggs to 4 eggs. Proceed as directed and add 2 tablespoons of flour after the eggs. Bake for 70 to 75 minutes and omit the sour cream step. Cool and serve with topping.

Here is an easy, but impressive, recipe that everyone loves. The picture was taken before I topped the pies with the bulf of the canned blueberry pie filling. Each one weighs a ton and is delicious!

It's really foolproof.

I have much more complicated cheesecake recipes, but this one might be good to give yourself confidence. :)

Lee

Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake

1 graham cracker pie crust in the pan
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
2 eggs

1/2 cup sugar
1 can Comstock (or any other brand) blueberry pie filling

Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla at medium speed of mixer until well blended. And eggs and mix until blended.

Pour into pie crust. Spoon 1/4 to 1/3 can of pie filling on top. Gently swirl with toothpick.

Bake at 350* for 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Cool.
Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Top with remaining filling before serving.

Attachments

• Blueberry swirl cheesecakes.jpg
    Blueberry swirl cheesecakes.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Question: What's Cool Whip?
Is it thickened cream? Double cream?

When I 'googled' it all I found were recipes and availability pages and no descriptions.

When making a cheesecake my dear departed Mom used a cheese called Philadelphia Cheese as opposed to Cream Cheese. They are totally different products over here & I wouldn't use our version of cream cheese in a cheesecake, no way.

Perhaps the type of cream cheese Turkeyman used could have been his problem.

Our Philly cheese comes in a block of similar consistency to ricotta (but not grainy) & cream cheese is in a jar with a consistency similar to glue or paste........

Mom's recipe was very similar to Texasgirl's, the only difference was Lemon Juice instead of Lime Juice.

The lime juice would make an interesting change in flavour, and has prompted me to give it a go soon. I've never been game to try cheesecake, DW does a good one, but I'll have to give it a shot using the lime juice.

Edit. Text added: Lee - now you've really made me jealous. :LOL: You beat me to the post. Copied & pasted all of the recipes, thanks.

Last edited:
Cool whip is frozen whipped topping.
You find it in the freezer section of the grocery store and thaw it before using. It's delicious!:)

RMS said:
Cool whip is frozen whipped topping.
You find it in the freezer section of the grocery store and thaw it before using. It's delicious!:)

Umm, I gather it is some sort of sweetened whipped cream or a mock cream, is that the case?

If so then I guess it'd be ok to sub whipped cream for it.

We don't have it over here unfortunately.

Brooksy, cool whip is a non dairy substitute for whipped cream based with vegetable oil. I am sure you have similar/almost identical product in your area. Personally I don't care for it, I don't like the taste or smell of vegetable oil in my dessert, but I also know many people love this product. You may want to try a little container and see if you like it if you are interested...

urmaniac13 said:
Brooksy, cool whip is a non dairy substitute for whipped cream based with vegetable oil. I am sure you have similar/almost identical product in your area. Personally I don't care for it, I don't like the taste or smell of vegetable oil in my dessert, but I also know many people love this product. You may want to try a little container and see if you like it if you are interested...

Ah!! Ciao mia amica!!

How are you? Thank you for that info, sounds very much like a mock cream.

We live in a small country town and our choices of products are limited when compared with the Big Smoke (city). But we make do.

I guess I could fold in some whipped cream (fresh from the dairy up the road).

That's what's wrong with living in the country - access to happy eggs, fresh milk, clean chickens, fresh meats. Gee life's a worry. :LOL:

Brooksy,
I'm guessing that whipped cream will do just fine.

Personally I've never tasted the vegetable oil in the Cool Whip. I never even knew it had it. To be honest I've never read the ingredients and if I ever did would probably never eat it again.:LOL: Ignorance is bliss! I like it for certain things, other things I need the real whipped cream. I'm fussy.

This recipe has never failed me. It comes from a cheesecake cookbook that I purchased almost 30 years ago and produces a wonderful New York Cheesecake. I modified the recipe to fit a 10-inch springform pan. You can top it with sweetened sour cream, with marscapone cheese, blueberry pie filling, cherry pie filling, etc. It is delicious.

Crust Ingrediants:
2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
9 tbs. butter, melted
3 tbs. sugar

Filling Ingrediants:
3 lbs. Philadelphia Cream Cheese (six 8oz. bricks)
1-1/8 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbs. cornstarch
1-1/2 cups sour cream

Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press onto the bottom and sides of the springform pan. Place in freezer.

Soften the creeam cheese (I do it in the microwave on high for about 1 minute) and mix in the remaining ingrediants. Whip together with a mixer or wire whisk until smooth.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Remove the pan from the freezer and gently pour the filling into the crust. Smooth with a spatula. Place the cheesecake into the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 175 degrees and bake for 1hr., and 15 minutes. Check the cheeseckae. Jiggle the pan lightly. There should be no movement of the filling. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool in the oven, with the door open. Remove and cover with your favorite topping.

This desert is requested by my family, freinds, and at most pot lucks I attend. Everyone loves cheesecake. And when I make one that I'm going to help eat, I use Splenda to replace the sugar. It still comes out great.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Humm ... it is time to dig out and dust off the New York style cheesecake recipe.

Brooksy - "Cool Whip" is artificial whipped cream. Stick with the real thing and you'll never be sorry.

Brooksy said:
When making a cheesecake my dear departed Mom used a cheese called Philadelphia Cheese as opposed to Cream Cheese. They are totally different products over here & I wouldn't use our version of cream cheese in a cheesecake, no way.

Perhaps the type of cream cheese Turkeyman used could have been his problem.

Our Philly cheese comes in a block of similar consistency to ricotta (but not grainy) & cream cheese is in a jar with a consistency similar to glue or paste........

Philadelphia-style Cream Cheese is what most Americans think of as "Cream Cheese". It's not the first kind of cream cheese made in this country. For the life of me, I can't think of the difference between the first kind and the Philadelphia-style.

Back
Top Bottom