Can I refrigerate dough overnight for sliced cookies? Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aera

Senior Cook
Hey everyone, I made a refrigerator dough to use for sliced neopolitan cookies. The recipe for the cookie says to chill in fridge till firm about 4 hours. The recipe for the dough (the refrigerator dough) that was used for the cookie recipe says it can be chilled 4 hours or upto a week, but this is before it's used for the neopolitan cookie recipe. I put all the layers together now and I have the cookie dough chilling in fridge waiting to firm to take out slice and bake. My question is, can I leave it in the fridge overnight? Or will this ruin the dough or make the cookies come out crumbly? It seems I can, but not sure and I don't want to ruin them. Thanks for any help.

I leave dough in the refrigerater overnight all the time. I'm sure it will be fine just make sure that you cover well so it won't dry out.

I know for a fact you can't do that to pizza dough.

For cookies it should be cool, just wrap it well.

You might end up with a better cookie if you refrigerate it after you've made it into layers. Just be sure to thoroughly wrap it in plastic wrap so the layered dough doesn't dry out.

When it's time to cut the cookies you might want to use an adjustable wire cheese cutter or a very thin-bladed knife.

Let us know how the cookies turn out.

Thank you all! That's great that I can leave it cause I totally miscalculated the time so being able to leave overnight is very convenient. Thanks for the advice on covering too. Right now it's covered in wax with plastic around it. Thanks again!:)

Back
Top Bottom