Very Cherry Pork Chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
You can fry up the pork chops in a skillet or cook them under the broiler if you don't want to use your BBQ.
Enjoy! Debbie

VERY CHERRY PORK CHOPS

img_555649_0_4e79ff16781544fc3593e3755c24f435.jpg

4 to 6 PORK CHOPS
1 cup(s) CHERRY PRESERVES
2 teaspoon(s) LEMON JUICE
1/8 teaspoon(s) RED PEPPER FLAKES
_____

In a sauce pan or in a microwave; heat preserves, lemon juice and pepper flakes until bubbly.
Remove from heat and set a side to thicken.
Season pork chops with salt and pepper or your favorite seasonings.
Cook pork chops on BBQ until done.
To serve, spoon preserves over top of pork chops.
_____

If dh ever gets to where he can eat again, I am definately going to try this. He love chops and cherries.

I don't really care for pork chops but this looks good! I just might try it and perhaps change my mind about chops ! ;)

Ol-blue - just went back and looked at your apple/porkchop bake which family really liked. My daughter never did take strongly to cooking (she gets by :ermm:) and really likes my porkchops that I bake and allow to come to fork tender. That's the way I did your apple/chop combo. Apples were losing their shape but that was ok.

Do you see a way to take the cherry idea and do the same thing as your apple idea - maybe less the extras like the cheese you used on the chops. Any ideas?

You can fry up the pork chops in a skillet or cook them under the broiler if you don't want to use your BBQ.
Enjoy! Debbie

VERY CHERRY PORK CHOPS

img_555675_0_4e79ff16781544fc3593e3755c24f435.jpg

4 to 6 PORK CHOPS
1 cup(s) CHERRY PRESERVES
2 teaspoon(s) LEMON JUICE
1/8 teaspoon(s) RED PEPPER FLAKES
_____

In a sauce pan or in a microwave; heat preserves, lemon juice and pepper flakes until bubbly.
Remove from heat and set a side to thicken.
Season pork chops with salt and pepper or your favorite seasonings.
Cook pork chops on BBQ until done.
To serve, spoon preserves over top of pork chops.
_____
shut the front door!:-p I'll be making this soon, real soon

Ol-blue - just went back and looked at your apple/porkchop bake which family really liked. My daughter never did take strongly to cooking (she gets by :ermm:) and really likes my porkchops that I bake and allow to come to fork tender. That's the way I did your apple/chop combo. Apples were losing their shape but that was ok.

Do you see a way to take the cherry idea and do the same thing as your apple idea - maybe less the extras like the cheese you used on the chops. Any ideas?

When I first decided to try cooking with the preserves, I tried it with some pork chops in foil on the BBQ. The preserves turned a weird color. I thought that could have been due to the heat and the length of time being cooked. It was good, just not appetizing.

I want to play with it some more because the flavor is so outstanding. I just have to figure out how long is to long for baking with the preserves. Maybe if it wasn't wrapped in foil with all that steam it would work. Maybe the canned pie cherry filling would be better for you.

mmmm, I just happen to have a couple big chops thawing right now for tonight's dinner.....

Quote"I want to play with it some more because the flavor is so outstanding. I just have to figure out how long is to long for baking with the preserves. Maybe if it wasn't wrapped in foil with all that steam it would work. Maybe the canned pie cherry filling would be better for you."

Thanks, I think I will try canned pie cherry filling with maybe two chops in the oven before long. Let you know, and any other ideas are welcome!

pacanis, You are determined, aren't you?

OK.... so is cherry pie filling the same as cherry preserves?
I went to the dink grocery store in town, threw caution to the wind, and bought a canned product hoping it wouldn't kill me, but they don't have cherry preserves, not even in the jelly aisle. So what I bought was cherry pie filling.
Help :(

OK.... so is cherry pie filling the same as cherry preserves?
I went to the dink grocery store in town, threw caution to the wind, and bought a canned product hoping it wouldn't kill me, but they don't have cherry preserves, not even in the jelly aisle. So what I bought was cherry pie filling.
Help :(

I would use the canned pie filling. It should work just fine. I buy Smucker's Cherry Preserves and found it at Albertsons. I would add the lemon juice to taste.

Ackkk, figures it's not the same.
Oh well. It's still a go with the pie filling then.

Thanks for the answer, Debbie

It should be just fine. I would like to try it with the pie filling. I used the canned apple filling before with pork chops and it was great.

one of my granddaughters favorite. apple pie filling in bottom of 9 - 13 pan. i use two. brown chops go on filling. make up stuffing and put on top. bake about thiry min. in 375 oven. i am going to try this in the crock pot and just see what happens.

the cherry sauce looks awesome will give it a try as well

babe:mellow::mellow::mellow:

one of my granddaughters favorite. apple pie filling in bottom of 9 - 13 pan. i use two. brown chops go on filling. make up stuffing and put on top. bake about thiry min. in 375 oven. i am going to try this in the crock pot and just see what happens.

the cherry sauce looks awesome will give it a try as well

babe:mellow::mellow::mellow:

I might have to try the pie filling also in the crock pot.

Back
Top Bottom